New S5 Sportback

Joetidman

Reaction score
Appreciating that it hasn't been 'launched' yet at the Paris motor show, just wondered what people's thoughts are on a likely timeline for putting in an order? I've been interested and waiting to drive the new S4, and it seems to have dragged on nearly a year since it was announced, so I'm hoping the Sportback is faster. It does look really nice in the pictures, and I'm currently thinking I'll now wait to but that rather than an S4, as it's a bit more special and practical (although I expect a lot more expensive!) Thoughts?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Well I had no replies, but the Configurator is available now, hurrah. Does that mean the orderbook is open? I've specced my car to just over £55K blimey. It had better be ****** amazing for that price lol.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Make sure you check out some of the online brokers for discount.

BroadSpeed already has it up with 14% discount. Worth trying to haggle that with your dealer.

Reactions: DrEskimo
I specced up the "equivalent" to my B8.5 S5 which is heavily loaded and it came out at £53,400 which is only just over 4% more. That surprised me because the change in exchange rate since the referendum has more than deleted that for Audi. I then configured my "ideal" B9 S5 and it came to about £58,000. I was only prepared to buy a new B8.5 S5 because of the hefty discount available, so now I struggle to come to terms with the price I'd have to pay for a B9 S5. However the good news for me is that now the B9 is available, my 5 year vehicle replacement GAP insurance has effectively become valid again :)