New S3!

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Picked up my new (10 month old) Ibis S3 on Wednesday :s3addict:. Been very busy driving and cleaning bugs, but here are a couple of pictures.

MyS3_1.jpg

MyS3_2.jpg

MyS3_3.jpg

MyS3_4.jpg

IMG_6694.jpg

Will try and find a scenic spot for some photos after I get her back from Audi! Emission warning light has come on and stayed on! This is the second time since last Wednesday that she's been back to them - getting a little frustrated to say the least.

Hi

:sign_welcome: to the forum.

Very nice S3 you have there. Bucket seats aswell very nice...Bet your pleased with it! Do you have any plans for it?
Did Audi give you a reason why the Emission warning light came on?

beautiful car, get upset everytime i see buckets.. Just dont know why i listened to the stupid dealer (it will be hard to sell on blah blah blah) thinkin now i couldnt care less.. jus wish i had them :sadlike:

beautiful car, get upset everytime i see buckets.. Just dont know why i listened to the stupid dealer (it will be hard to sell on blah blah blah) thinkin now i couldnt care less.. jus wish i had them :sadlike:

Lol they said it be harder to sell on if the car had bucket seats?

Thanks a lot. I had been looking for a good S3 for a while, found a Meteor Grey one like DeckedS3's and loved the look of it, especially after seeing his pictures. Was driving passed Aberdeen Audi and there was the white one - no contest! It has many of the extras I wanted, just no Sat Nav, but that'll come in time. The buckets are truly amazing. I thought the seats in my Dad's original R32 were good, but these are far superior.

Thinking it definitely needs a small drop, but still pondering springs or coil overs. There's many threads on here, just taking the time to read them all.

Audi keep booking the car in with "EML" on the repair note and I keep telling them it's not the engine management light, but the emissions light on the dash. This is the 2nd time since last Wednesday, so if it comes on again following today's visit, then I'll be none too chuffed!

I have found a good thread regarding the lambda sensor (I think), so will take that along with me later. Nothing like trying to teach them how to suck eggs!

Rich

well i basically had to decide between sat nav and buckets.. dealer said go for nav blah blah.... hard to sell on with buckets blah blah...

i werent a member on here yet and didnt realise you can retro fit the rnse for like £700 :sadlike:

if id have known that i would have gone with buckets all day long! it almost makes me resent the car sometimes cause i made such a colossal misake..

Retro fit RNSE = £700 ish
Retro fit Bickets = £3000ish

makes me feel sick :puke2:

Lol they said it be harder to sell on if the car had bucket seats?

I wouldn't beat yourself up, after all it's about the whole package and the S3 is a helluva package. :icon_thumright:

I've had mates ask why I bought the same car as my old one, what with it being an A3 and having the 2.0T engine. It's just more special. As soon as I bought my A3 I thought I'd messed up not going for the black optics pack, but never retro-fitted it.

At the moment I adore Ibis White, but I've washed the dead wildlife off the front of the car 4 times in 6 days and winter is just around the corner :cold:, so I may live to regret white. I had black last time and it was often torture to keep clean.

Just keep playing the lottery!

well maybe we should just swap :lmfao:

I wouldn't beat yourself up, after all it's about the whole package and the S3 is a helluva package. :icon_thumright:

I've had mates ask why I bought the same car as my old one, what with it being an A3 and having the 2.0T engine. It's just more special. As soon as I bought my A3 I thought I'd messed up not going for the black optics pack, but never retro-fitted it.

At the moment I adore Ibis White, but I've washed the dead wildlife off the front of the car 4 times in 6 days and winter is just around the corner :cold:, so I may live to regret white. I had black last time and it was often torture to keep clean.

Just keep playing the lottery!

I'll wait and see if the dealer sorts out my emission problem, but if it reappears, I'll be sure and pm you ;)

well i basically had to decide between sat nav and buckets.. dealer said go for nav blah blah.... hard to sell on with buckets blah blah...

i werent a member on here yet and didnt realise you can retro fit the rnse for like £700 :sadlike:

if id have known that i would have gone with buckets all day long! it almost makes me resent the car sometimes cause i made such a colossal misake..

Retro fit RNSE = £700 ish
Retro fit Bickets = £3000ish

makes me feel sick :puke2:

Audi do at times chat a lot of sh*t...But its still a nice car either way :) Weird how they said its hard to sell on, if any thing it would help it sell i thought with bucket seats. I checked on bucket seats was about £1800 for Recaro Sportster CS Ambla Leather / Dinamica Black, Baseframe and Resistor Wires. If you want more information email (e-commerce@capitalseating.co.uk guy i was speaking to name is joe

well maybe we should just swap :lmfao:
:laugh:

I'll wait and see if the dealer sorts out my emission problem, but if it reappears, I'll be sure and pm you ;)

Looks like you guys may have a deal lmao :laugh: Hope you get it sorted mate

Seriosly 3K for retro buckets? I'm trading mine in November and not getting the new one until January, I wonder how much the price would drop without the buckets. What seats are in yours S3RYE?

G

Thanks Lima. I know you are regretting the same combo :thumbsup:

Emissions warning light update - as expected, I require a new lambda probe. She's back in on Thursday for the 3rd time in a week, so fingers crossed this is the end of the saga.

Benskin07, sorry mate, looks like she's a keeper.