New S3....

SteveRobb1973

Reaction score
Hi guys, thought I'd join up as I am planning to order an S3 this week. Just bought the wife a RR Sport yesterday so decided to treat myself aswell!

Currently have a X5 4.6IS so a bit of a change for me...

Anyway the car with options that i am after is just short of 30k from Audi on their configurator however I tried configuring it at this website uknewcarsquote.co.uk and they are quoting £27.5k. They also say that it will be delivered via my local Audi dealer. Anyone used them before??

Steve

thought about an S5 at all? it would suit you better probably, in terms market segment you used to. The S3 is good but the interior quality is inferior to a A4 or a A6 for instance.. Also is a model to be replaced in a couple years....

Having said that I am quite happy with mine
Pedro

Thanks for the reply - i am probably going to get the A5 3.0tdi when it comes out with a Auto box (Probably end of year release) so I'll aim to get one after a few months of it being out.

tbh I'd actually prefer it if the S3 came with an auto box but that aint gonna happen!!

Steve

The A5 3.0TDI Auto comes out on June 1st, and is available to order from April, but it wont have DSG, just the standard box, as is found on the 2.7TDI auto.

Oli.H said:
The A5 3.0TDI Auto comes out on June 1st, and is available to order from April, but it wont have DSG, just the standard box, as is found on the 2.7TDI auto.

Only yesterday Audi told me that they didn't have a release date yet but expected it to be Sep onwards. And that a new gearbox was being developed so a 3L engine with quattro would fit the A5 chassis. So not the same box as in 2.7tdi.

Are Audi telling me fibs??? (Got the same story from Perth and Aberdeen).

Im in the trade myself, and this is what Ive been told, and my business partner is waiting to order one and has been told the order book opens in April. But I know what you mean everyone tells you something different.

Sorry slight confusion on the gearox comment, I meant a standard box - multitronic, as found in the 2.7, not the exact same box - Which is a shame really as the DSG is the best auto box on the market, by miles