1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 ??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by richs2891, Jun 13, 2007.

1. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

HI I'm thinking of buying a 2007 S3 to replace my Subaru WRX,
    I hate having to pay dealer price and seeing as Audi dealers arnt exactly renown for giving discount thinking of going down the parallel (but UK spec) import route (just as I did with my last two Subaru's) - either with performance centre manchester or with jamjar .
    Unless someone can advise of any other good importers ?

Are the Uk dealers going to be awkward with servicing ? And would it need to be registered with Audi UK to get the full three year warrenty ?

Richard

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. normski

normski Member

I got £1733 discount off my S3 m8, don't know if that sort of figure gets you into the right ball park?

4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore
    Team Vegas Yellow quattro Audi A3

What dealer Normski?

5. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

I'd like to know that too.

6. normski

normski Member

One of my local dealers where my best mate works as a tech. I have done them a few favours in recent years...

My mate negotiated £1000 off for me before I even went in, then I dropped the JamJar price of £2470 discount (yes I know they couldn't do that price), and they met me near the middle at £1733 off.

A one off because of my mate and my relationship with certain people at the dealership they said...then of course the other two dealers I had test driven at said "what they can do we can do".

If anyone is genuinely interested...and by that I mean ready to order with no doubts, I would be more than happy to try to obtain that discount for them and then put you intouch direct with the guy I dealt with.

7. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

Can you ask him to send me a cheque?? ;)

8. Staz

Staz is a retronaut
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Norm, remember ya mate said he may be able to offer me one too? He never got back to me. I will be ready to order soon, can you ask what sort of tax free price he can get me?? :icon_thumright:

9. Dandle

Dandle Member

When we bought our A3 Walton Audi matched www.broadspeed.com and knocked a further £400 of the price. I would think as the S3 isnt now a brand new model discounts can be had on them.

10. prt57

prt57 Active Member

normski, did you buy from Stratford?

prt

11. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

I got 3% off mine when I ordered in November - worked out at just under £900.

12. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Mmm might be worth pushing the dealer for a discount then ! Hope fully might get one. Looking at this site seems I can retro fit most of the option I want like arm rest etc. What are the standard fit HU and speakers like ? Especially if I order the ipod connection ?

Cheers
    Richard

13. normski

normski Member

Mate, you have a lot of reading to do...

14. normski

normski Member

He mentioned it the other day, along the lines of it gets dealt with direct by the head office...if you want me to PM you his email address, I can do. It will be alot easier for you to sort it yourself now the intro is done...especially as you know how much I got chopped off mine. If I see him in next few days I will mention it again though.

Yes mate.

15. Staz

Staz is a retronaut
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Please mate :icon_thumright: