1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

Probably just a good photoshop.

S3

2. lilya

lilya Member

I hope they make a 3-door S3 as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Hmmm...Looks great, love the door blades. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

4. avalon88

avalon88 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmm...Looks great, love the door blades. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but also the quad pipes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

BTW is the supposedly bhp on the new S3?

5. imported_S_Line

imported_S_Line Guest

LOL theres no way they will make a S3 in a 4 door !! NO way ( i hope and prey )

6. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

I no longer do the liason beytween Audi and the TT forum so am out of touch with all the developments but....

the plan was originally to do a 5 door S3 and a 3 door RS3. They then pulled back to just S3 and then the work was they hadn't decided.

One of the issues was space in the market as the 3.2 had set the bar quite high to start. Putting an S3 in and then an RS3 would push up the performance etc to a level than may compete with the A4/A4 coupe etc.

7. TDI-line

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL theres no way they will make a S3 in a 4 door !! NO way ( i hope and prey )

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

8. lilya

lilya Member

I agree with S_Line, the ultimate hatchback should be just that - 3 doors, not a hatchback cum estate.

Doing a 5 door S3 and a 3 door RS3 would be ok though. I know which one I would want!

No offence intended - just my opinion.

9. wilko

wilko Top Gear

Yerh 5 door cars are for families!!

10. lilya

lilya Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

11. dorgan

dorgan Member

[​IMG] x 2

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. TDI-line

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG] x 2

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

13. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

Who wants to bet that the S3, IF they come out with one, will be a 250-300hp TFSI 4 cylinder?

14. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[ QUOTE ]
    Who wants to bet that the S3, IF they come out with one, will be a 250-300hp TFSI 4 cylinder?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather bet that the S3 and the RS3 will never happen. Safer money.

15. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

yup, a big IF

Too bad, really, as a wide-arched A3 would look sooo nice.

I can't believe no one makes a "fake S3" body kit for the 8P. I definitely think there's a market for something subtle, something integrated, that would look like it came from Audi.

16. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather bet that the S3 and the RS3 will never happen. Safer money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a safe bet that an S3 variant will appear eventually, with i'd guess at around the 280 / 290bhp mark. Think this would be a little high for a out of the factory 2.0TFSI, so would again guess at the forthcoming 3.4 / 3.6 V6 engine.

As for a RS3, can't see it ever happening, as with the power / price required would threaten the S4.

JMHO.

17. brandona4

brandona4 Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which suits me fine!
    I loved the fact that an Audi S2 estate could keep up with a Lambo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

18. imported_S_Line

imported_S_Line Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and Fishermen ! LOL !

Hey ive got a family, and the 3 door is just fine !

19. brandona4

brandona4 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it's a safe bet that an S3 variant will appear eventually, with i'd guess at around the 280 / 290bhp mark. Think this would be a little high for a out of the factory 2.0TFSI, so would again guess at the forthcoming 3.4 / 3.6 V6 engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang on. The S3 will definately happen. Why wouldn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

20. imported_S_Line

imported_S_Line Guest

I know for Sure, i would deffinatly upgrade form my 3.2.

Even just for the exclusivity of the S3 badge, its bound to have better seats / suspension / exhaust tone / wheels / spoilers / lower / .. etc etc..

Dealer has my name as the First person to take a test drive ( oh he knows me all too well !!! )

21. brandona4

brandona4 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I know for Sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Share with us your wisdom! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif