1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 Sportback Order!

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by p9lad, Apr 30, 2014.

1. p9lad

p9lad Member

Hi Guys,

Just placed my S3 Sportback Order last week went with the below spec. Let me know your thoughts!

Panther Black
    S-Tronic
    Super Sports Seats
    Cruise Control
    B&O
    Tech Pack
    LED Lights
    Comfort Pack
    Standard 18's
    Electric Folding Mirrors
    Hill Hold
    Front and Back Sensors
    Advanced Key
    Interior Light Pack

My salesman said it would be a MY15 so i guess i will be getting the Tyre Pressure Monitor as standard?

cheers

#1 p9lad, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DescendDescend

The parking sensors and standard cruise control are part of the Comfort Pack as far as I know.

Hill Hold is actually Hold assist - debated here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/201902-hill-hold-assist-s-tronic-anyone.html

You may want to consider whether to get Audi Connect with the Tech Pack - one or two on the forum seem to wish they had bought it.

The advanced key is another hot topic: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/216355-rs4-stolen-seen-cctv.html . Personally, I will be 'tweaking' the OBD port to reduce the risk.

Anyway, here is my spec for build in week 28 (MY15):

Stronic
    Phantom black (now Mythos black) with ten spoke alloys.
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Parking System Plus
    Pre Sense basic
    Audi Sound
    Black Styling Pack
    Body coloured mirrors, folding
    Comfort Pack
    Electric seats with electric lumbar
    Mono pur interior
    High Beam assist
    Hold Assist
    Interior Lighting Pack
    LED headlights
    Panoramic sunroof
    Rear Airbags
    Reversing Camera
    Tech Pack High with Connect
    Tyre pressure Indicator (now standard)
    Advanced key
    Red calipers

4. TheFiftheElement

TheFiftheElement Active Member

Sounds like it's pretty optioned up :yum: can't see how you'd need anything else really.

I've not gone for anything like as many options (personal choice though), but I have spec'd up a few cars to the max before and afterwards found I either didn't use the tech (apps anyone? Really facebook while you're driving :shrug:) or would have been just as happy with the 'bog standard' option, for example, I don't drive in the dark very often so have not spec'd LED's, I'm sure the basic Xenon's will be fine.

I'm also not that keen on all the new fangled aids, like parking itself, active cruise, active lights etc. etc. maybe I'm just a bit of a luddite I guess :blush:

The only comments I would have are have you considered alloy roof rails to break up the black/black? Or the black pack so it's totally Darth Vader? Or the privacy glass? Mono.pur does improve the cabin considerably too ?

5. p9lad

p9lad Member

heya,

i didn't go for the black pack but like the look of the chrome on the car. Not sure on mono pur cabin does look nicer with it but couldn't justify the 300 pounds they were asking for it! even the salesman said it wasn't worth it!

6. TheFiftheElement

TheFiftheElement Active Member

That's cool, we all spec what we want (if it's in budget) .. my salesman said defo mono.pur (I've seen with and without and thought it was worth it, especially with the silver leather).

I asked if the extra for B&O was worth it over the Audi Sound System (he reckoned no), and he advised privacy but I always think Sportbacks/Avants have a more hearse like look about them with it so didn't spec it (had the mono.pur instead).

I haven't even put Nav in my car (will add SD Nav at some point, if I feel I need it) as I have used Sat Nav approximately 5 times in the last 2 years and I have Nav on my phone if needs be, OK it doesn't look as nice with a few wires trailing around and a screen mount but for a few journeys I can put up with that ..