New S3 SB Order - Anything I have missed?

S3inSE21

Reaction score
Ordered an S3 Sportback last weekend, with what I think looks to be a pretty decent spec.

Anything glaringly obvious that I have missed, which in your opinion would improve my S3 experience? (Or on the flip side, something that I have selected that is totally pointless and a waste of money...)

- Sepang Blue
- S3 18" wheels (twin spoke star)
- S Tronic box
- Privacy glass
- Comfort Pack
- Parking Plus front & rear
- Technology Pack Plus
- Audi Sound System
- Electric Lumbar Support
- Electric heated & folding mirrors
- Interior lighting package
- Hill hold assist

One thing I'm really not interested in and won't change my mind on is the B&O system. Had one of their systems in a previous car and was pretty underwhelmed by it. The demo I tried had the Audi Sound System installed, and I found it more than sufficient.

Thanks!

Magnetic ride, was brilliant in demo i drove so on my order along with led lights

Reactions: Rob2k68
Mono Pur :love struck: there we go I said it.

Also maybe a reversing camera for what it costs I'm glad I have it and much cheaper than a retro-fit. High beam assist I also find useful.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I'll do some more reading in to the magnetic ride option. The demo I tried just had the standard set up, and I thought it felt fine. Are the LED lights that much of an improvement over Xenon, or do people just go for tem because they look "cooler" on the car? To be honest I really don't think I will need them, as I will be mainly driving through the city or on lit roads, and very rarely through country lanes where any extra light might be of benefit.

Mono Pur... No idea what that is, and the brochure didn't particularly clear up my confusion either.

Reversing camera... that was one option I did think about, but I had it on a previous car an became way too over reliant on it. Think I will go back to using the slightly more traditional way of using mirrors and sensors.

Adaptive headlights....compromise for LED's
Side assist....safety feature that gives you eyes in the back of your head!!!!!!, I would spec this over a reversing camera or front parking sensors

Reactions: woollyjoe
Having just ordered pretty much the same spec but on a hatch, I'd say the only thing to consider is the adaptive cruise. I was recommended it and after researching it I've added it to my order, it's supposed to work brilliantly alongside the S Tronic box and only £350 with the comfort pack. I probably won't use it excessively but it's standard on the Golf GTi/R and will be expected on car in 3 years time.

Mono.pur replaces scratchy plastic on door handles and centre console for faux leather. It's a lot of money for what it is, but really makes the interior much nicer.

Mono.pur is also nice to have on stronic as it provides a bit more cushioning for your unused clutch leg. Agree with comments on adaptive cruise, it works really well with with stronic.
I'd also get them to add the sticky out bit at the back that you get with a saloon :)

Mono.pur is nice, just lifts the interior a bit ..

Xenon's are fine, I too didn't see the point of LED's .. the Audi Sound System is more than adequate. I know ACC is supposed to be fantastic but I think it depends on your use of the car, for me it would be a waste of money and I'm old school so not really interested in all the I'll drive/park/look over your shoulder for you options, each to their own though ..

I think your spec is pretty much all you'll ever need ..

Depending on whether you intend to keep the car longer than 3 years the other thing to consider is the 5 year warranty. I went for it and thought that £545 for another 2 year's peace of mind was worth it.

EA9 Audi Warranty, covering you for up to 5 years or 90,000 miles, whichever comes sooner. Cover includes a two-year
unlimited mileage warranty, and up to 90,000 miles in the third, fourth and fifth years. Transferable between owners**

Ordered an S3 Sportback last weekend, with what I think looks to be a pretty decent spec.

Anything glaringly obvious that I have missed, which in your opinion would improve my S3 experience? (Or on the flip side, something that I have selected that is totally pointless and a waste of money...)

- Sepang Blue
- S3 18" wheels (twin spoke star)
- S Tronic box
- Privacy glass
- Comfort Pack
- Parking Plus front & rear
- Technology Pack Plus
- Audi Sound System
- Electric Lumbar Support
- Electric heated & folding mirrors
- Interior lighting package
- Hill hold assist

One thing I'm really not interested in and won't change my mind on is the B&O system. Had one of their systems in a previous car and was pretty underwhelmed by it. The demo I tried had the Audi Sound System installed, and I found it more than sufficient.

Thanks!
Should be Red :)
Do you need hold assist? Not got it and never thought gosh I wished I had it. IMO

I think we'll only keep it for 3 years, so the extended warranty won't be needed. Well worth the money though, and perhaps one of the only Audi insurances that they don't try to rip you off on.

Hill hold assist is on the list of extras. We weren't going to bother until I did a bit of research and found out that it holds the car going downhill as well as up. Ze Germans think of everything.

mono.pur - Despite the standing jokes here, I think it is worth a tick in the box. Yes, expensive stitching but it does look nice.
Reversing Camera - Are you sure you don't want this? Works well with the parking plus?

PANORAMIC ROOF it brightens up the grey leather interiorand looks and work's awesomely wouldn't do without it
IMAG0553

Reactions: batch, Simon L and Rob2k68
Options are a very personal thing, but I've said this a few times and I'll say it again, the Audi Sound System is woeful. I specced it on my S3, big mistake. Take the sound level above 17 to 18 and it sounds like your music is being played through a damp towel. It's just about adequate to listen to the radio, but forget it for anything else. Utter crap. Mag ride I would definitely leave off, as it's no better than the set up I had on my TT's. Makes the ride inconsistent and on UK roads, well, best left well alone IMO. LED lights I wouldn't bother with either - the standard xenons are excellent. I just can't see that they're a worthwhile thing to have. One thing you have left off, Super Sports Seats - have them in my car. Definitely better than the standard seats and yeah, too many doors, three door is the looker (IMO)...

Reactions: batch
Options are a very personal thing, but I've said this a few times and I'll say it again, the Audi Sound System is woeful. I specced it on my S3, big mistake. Take the sound level above 17 to 18 and it sounds like your music is being played through a damp towel. It's just about adequate to listen to the radio, but forget it for anything else. Utter ****. Mag ride I would definitely leave off, as it's no better than the set up I had on my TT's. Makes the ride inconsistent and on UK roads, well, best left well alone IMO. LED lights I wouldn't bother with either - the standard xenons are excellent. I just can't see that they're a worthwhile thing to have. One thing you have left off, Super Sports Seats - have them in my car. Definitely better than the standard seats and yeah, too many doors, three door is the looker (IMO)...

Thanks for your input. As you say, opinions are entirely subjective. Personally I think the *** will be suitable for my needs. I can't see me ever needing to use the full 700w of B&O power. Every day I see dozens of cars with ridiculously powerful sound systems, and my thought is always the same - "idiot".

Magnetic ride and LED lights, I agree, I can live without. As for the super sport seats, yes they look a bit nicer, but they reduce rear legroom, don't have adjustable head restraints, and they can't be electric either.

I've already got a sporty two door car. I'm getting the S3 as I think it strikes a decent balance between practicality and fun.

Only got the colour wrong..................

@S3inSE21 you have a similar spec to mine and I am very happy with my car. I don't have the Tech Pack...

If that is a post code in your name, then you must be just up the road from me

I echo the comments about the super sports seats. They are superb. As for B&O, the wattage is nothing to do with it. The quality of the sound is everything to do with it and it is superb, although does need a bit of tweaking with settings to get right.

It's now too common, marks easily, shows the dirt and almost impossible to match should you have a scrape.

I guess it all depends where you live. Around me I can count on one hand the number of Audi's I have seen in sepang blue, let alone S3s. Regardless of where you live, I am sure it is still a far less common colour than black, red, silver or white.

@S3inSE21 you have a similar spec to mine and I am very happy with my car. I don't have the Tech Pack...

If that is a post code in your name, then you must be just up the road from me

Yes, I am in SE21. I'll keep a look out for someone with a satan mask driving an Audi... ;-)

I echo the comments about the super sports seats. They are superb. As for B&O, the wattage is nothing to do with it. The quality of the sound is everything to do with it and it is superb, although does need a bit of tweaking with settings to get right.

Hmmm. I'm still not sure about the B&O. Maybe I will have to revisit them by going to the dealership and having another listen. As for the super sports seats... no, definitely not.

Having received my order incorrect and keeping my car until the new one arrives, I've now added high beam assist and 4 year warranty.
On yours I would definitely add adaptive lights, they really are great if you find yourself in the country like I do. I'd personally add Mono pur as it makes the interior look that extra bit special, just don't touch it as it's just synthetic plastic really.

Good luck with your order!

B&O is pretty impressive sound quality wise and you get the illuminated front speaker grilles that match well with the ILP - may also help resale.

S3inS21 I'm with you on the standard seats didn't spec then mainly as I thought it would be too claustrophobic in the back for my lad and also wanted adjustable head restraints but added the electric lumbar.

**** it. I'm going to upgrade to the B&O. I hate you all for making me think that if I didn't have them I would regret it every time I sat in the car. What a mistake joining this site was!

SE London better be prepared to hear and see an S3 pumping out Neil Diamond with the volume turned up to 11.

Reactions: batch, Joeran and Rob2k68
Mono.Pur added too. :keule:

Reactions: jaypers777, Rob2k68 and naughts4187
Just got my build week from the dealer. Originally wk 36, but has been brought forward to wk31. They reckon I'll be able to pick it up w/c 1st September.

Quite a while to wait, but at least I might get a 65 plate.

Hi SE21, sounds like a great spec now to be honest. I wanted Sepang and ended up with Glacier as they had a surplus car in stock in that colour with pretty much all the options I was after.
Super sport seats look and feel fab, and had no detriment to the rear legroom when I sat in our new SB. I absolutely had to have B&O, Black Styling Pack and privacy glass, wanted black roof rails and black inlays, unfortunately this one doesn't have them but the consolation prize is a Pano roof which I am really looking forward to. Bizarrely my car ended up with most of the comfort pack but specced individually - crazy but hey! SD card nav will suit me fine.

Roof bars... Yes or no?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Roof bars... Yes or no?

B&O is pretty impressive sound quality wise and you get the illuminated front speaker grilles that match well with the ILP - may also help resale.

S3inS21 I'm with you on the standard seats didn't spec then mainly as I thought it would be too claustrophobic in the back for my lad and also wanted adjustable head restraints but added the electric lumbar.

Ron is correct the B&O does increase the cars residual price and even more so the panroof........

AINT YOU in Turkeye? lol

Ron is correct the B&O does increase the cars residual price and even more so the panroof........

Hmmmm the pano roof.... No, I really mustn't.

Shall I? No, I can't.

Maybe.

Dunno.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hmmmm the pano roof.... No, I really mustn't.

Shall I? No, I can't.

Maybe.

Dunno.

In isolation the price of the Panroof aint that expensive,but once you have added the BASIC OPTIONS, PLUS the likes of that lovely B&O,then it does become a real headache..."Where do l stop" Audi are wise to this hence the vast list of options,hence on average most buyers add about £6000/£7000 of extras on top of their S3..........So Audi claim.

Never had a Sunroof on any car l had, reason why it was a must for me,the B&O wasnt a must for me,l bought a pre built car,but glad it had it on it