New S3 owner

S3JUS

Reaction score
hi,

ive been reading the pages here for some time trying to help the purchase of my S3.

well today i took delivery of it its a july01 Y ebony black 225BHP its a 1 owner with bose, park distance, black leather/grey alcatara, and i love it. its just what i needed something that fits in the garage, fast, fun, pratical, can be cheap to run i hope!!!!!

question? i want to chip it but am undecided between Amd, Jabba and Revo i have a revo dealers 10 min away so that would be easy but i have heard some good and bad things about them and advice ?

also i would like to purchase one of the centre arm rests from vagparts are they really that easy to fit?

i have also seen a lot of posts regarding the standard dump valves being replaced with forge/bailey etc is this something that would need to be done or just some people do it?

i also noticed today the mpg guage changes quite quickly with driving styles and if off throttle becomes ---mpg is this normal? as my previous car a E36 M3 3.0 was not too quick at updating

i will try and get a mate to take some pics to post at some point.

cheers

Tuning wise, don't take what people say as gospil. Research as much as u can and make your own mind up. I've travel a few hundred miles before to get the service as was happy with. Its your decision.

And the dump valve thing, its just a case of the old one isn't very reliable and breaks easy and the forge one is much stronger. It won't give u more power just better throttle respone through the gears

The MPG will be on instant, just change it to the average, buttons are on the wiper stalk. You could read the manual, but that's no fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for tuning, I'd agree with 2pac, make up your own mind. Do a search on the companies and see what folk have to say. You have a wide choice.

Ive just had my 210Bhp S3 Revo'd and am loving it. It mkes a massive difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Why dont you try the 5hr free software trial first to see if you like it.

Oh by the way! WELCOME to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi and welcome to the forum!

As said above, there are many chips out there. If you stick to the main stream ones i.e AmD, APR, Revo, MTM, Jabba then you will be fine.

Personnaly I wouldn't have my car remapped without a Rolling road session prior to the upgrade. Some of the above companies give you a before and after rolling road session which I think you should have IMO.

This will show if there is anything wrong with the car prior to the remap. You don't wont to remap your car if there is a problem with it!

Most (maybe all) of the mainstream tuners use a laptop to upload the program from inside your car so don't worry about them soldering chips into your ecu.

I would avoid superchips but others have had this done and the car is ok.

Hope this helps
Rich.

Hi,
Yeah the --- on off throttle is normal!

Its rare for an 01 Y car to be 225 though! I thought these didn't come out till 02? Im probably wrong though. I doesnt matter if you chip it anyway as they both make the same power.

The Best thing to do is to shop around don't buy the first thing that you see, You Will Be inpressed with the REVO but don't Be fooled all thay do is up your boost loads and you instantly love it, Seen an REVO print out and a ECU upgrade print out and the REVO power just goes straight up and then straight down there is no curve at all would go for a ECU upgrade this is better and also can cost less.. Very anti REVO (had problems After Free Trial)

i would go mtm,amd,jabba in that order for the remap.As someone has posted i'd want a rr test for my £500+