1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 owner!

skindemon Aug 26, 2009

1. skindemon

skindemon New Member

Hey all,

Been browsing here for a short while, but decided that the s3 was the right car for me, so picked my s3 up at the weekend.

It's a 2008 model in grey (pretty sure it's dolpin grey) with buckets (heated), rns-e, bose, xenons, drl's, cruise, phone prep, armrest, dimming mirror, fbmfsw. (think that's it)

So far so good - just getting used to fwd/4wd following the departure of my 3.0si Z4. I'm loving the surge of torque and actually enjoy the old school nature of the turbo really kicking in above 3k :)

I'll get some piccy's up later - not got many yet though I'm afraid!

Cheers

2. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

Welcome and nice choice of colour and spec. Decked on here has a Dolphin Grey and it looks absolutley mint.

3. DeckedS3

DeckedS3 Active Member

Welcome! :rockwoot:
    Cough Cough... Meteor Grey.... :icon_thumright:
    SnAzBaZ has Dolphin!

4. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

Sorry mate, I do know that :asskicking:. But the post was made B.C. (before coffee).

5. lsw s3

lsw s3 Member

:sign_welcome:welcome chap...........relative newbie myself........great forum tho

lsw s3 :yellowrs4:

6. S.

S. Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi S3 Manual

welcome to s3 owners club :rockwoot:
    actually to 8P owners club :arco:

7. RicoS3

RicoS3 Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!

Welcome Skindemon. I'm relatively new to the forum and S3 ownership also, but the forum is great.

:s3addict:

8. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

:sign_welcome: to the forum!
    Sounds like you got a very decent spec! Love bucket seats in the S3 finish it off nicely! Enjoy the car and get some photo's up :)

9. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Welcome! Great spec yeah, well done :respekt: How does it compare to the Z4 in terms of performance and handling?

10. skindemon

skindemon New Member

cheers guys - I've only had it a few days, so will take a while to get used to and give a meaningful comparison.
    The main difference is the way the power is delivered - the straight 6 in the beemer was very very smooth and rev'd nicely and pulled from low revs easily. Also, the torque delivery in the s3 is much more noticeable than the z4 - the z4 just kept on pulling without any drama.
    Handling - in the dry, the z4 was great. I've never enjoyed having rwd in the wet and the z4 was no exception. The s3 is also better with the bumps - feels more composed. I think that is mainly due to the runflats on the z4.

11. skindemon

skindemon New Member

a wee pic for you all - will get some more/ better ones soon!

[​IMG]

12. Tommy

Tommy Makinen...ha

looks lovely mate! really like it

13. baz1985

baz1985 Member

looks nice!

14. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Car looks great mate! Enjoy it....

15. slim40

slim40 Member

Welcome 'demon, I'm newish here myself too, but a great forum with lots of info and helpful bods!

cheers
    Si

16. leach76

leach76 Member