1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 owner

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by stugolf, Jul 16, 2004.

1. stugolf

stugolf Member

[Jul 16, 2004]
    Hi peeps, juts got myself an S3! very impressed its a black 1999 "V" plate so one of the first its done 69k miles is there anything I should be aware of, or watch out for? cheers stu
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. neiloneilo

neiloneilo Member

[Jul 16, 2004]
    Congrats and snap !

Black 99 plate, only problem I had was with the fuel gauges being faulty, and ran out of fuel.

Have a search through the archives for lots of good info.
  4. h3msy

h3msy Member

[Jul 16, 2004]
    I've got a silver V plate S3 now with 57K on it.
    I've had no problems as yet except for a little rust spot on the drivers door (just above the plastic strip/trim) I took it back to Audi, they put it on the UK register (as it was originally imported) and then they replaced the door skin under warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Only advice i can offer is "Get it chipped"

5. stugolf

stugolf Member

[Jul 16, 2004]
    Nice one, HSMSY is yours chipped mate? which one did you use? is the performance really good? does it have much long term damage?
  6. h3msy

h3msy Member

[Jul 16, 2004]
    Mine was already done so don't know which one it was that he had fitted cos at the time of buying i didn't know too much about the different types myself.
    If you do a search on "chip" on this forum i reckon you will find loads of details on it and i can't remember anyone being against it. it gives massive accelaration gains and a grin factor to match
  7. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    H3MSY said:
    Mine was already done so don't know which one it was that he had fitted cos at the time of buying i didn't know too much about the different types myself.
    If you do a search on "chip" on this forum i reckon you will find loads of details on it and i can't remember anyone being against it. it gives massive accelaration gains and a grin factor to match

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, totally agree with you, difference is like day and night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 19, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    stugolf said:
    Cheers for the advice thinking of getting an APR chip on the car from Awesome Gti, also it has 19" RS4 alloys will this serously affect acceleration? cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

19" alloys most certainly effects acceleration, but the chip will cure it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
  9. S3tony

S3tony Member

[Jul 19, 2004]
    personally i would wait a bit to get it chipped, then when you do it would be like havin a new car again!? thats what im going to do but obviously its your choice, but i just like the power as it is for now. its probably as i know im going to have the car a long time, it will give me something to look forward to. anyway enjoy your motor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheers tony
  10. stugolf

stugolf Member

[Jul 19, 2004]
    Cheers S3Tony! yeah they are pretty powerful but I have a sister with a Civic Type-R so may need to get it chipped to see her off!