New S3 owner (pics included!) - Few questions

pelidan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend picked up her 2002 S3 at the weekend. The car is absolutely immaculate, infact I have never seen a used car in such good condition!

She is over the moon with it, it has a couple of subtle mods including a remap, lowered on eibach springs, Forge 007p.

Here she is:

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

Anyway, a couple of questions...

1 - The car has the symphony stereo fitted, with TV tuner and Sat nav.

IMG_2273.jpg

At present the TV tuner doesn't work, I assume this is due to the digital switch over? Is there something we need to purchase to get it working?

Also, there seems to be no CD changer in the car, where should it be?! I belive there should be a 6 disc changer. Ideally we would like to replace the changer or get an ipod adaptor that work with the standard stereo. I understand there is a Denison Gateway cable that would allow this? If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Other than that, we are loving the car!

Thanks in advance to anybody that can help :)

That interor is quite an "aquired taste" not sure if this is aftermarket.

CD player is in the boot, theres a panel you open passenger side with CD multi-changer in it.

I've got Eibachs going on tommorow, and i gotta say they look sweet on a 8L, subtle yet you know it's there.

Remap / Forge is a good shout, any problems check threads.

Welcome to ASN

Ok thanks for the info.

I think the interior is standard, just quite rare?

Regarding the Cd changer, is it supposed to be ontop of the sub in the boot? I had a look behind the panels, and all i could find was a large box with a fan built into it?! I assume this is the sub. No CD changer though :-(

Ok thanks for the info.

I think the interior is standard, just quite rare?

Regarding the Cd changer, is it supposed to be ontop of the sub in the boot? I had a look behind the panels, and all i could find was a large box with a fan built into it?! I assume this is the sub. No CD changer though :-(

Yeah, it's standard - the silver ones quite often come with the blue alcantara to be fair. My mate had one.

Any alcantara interior was an option IIRC... blue, silver and yellow :)

<tuffty/>

thanks for clearing that up guys.

Can anyone shed any light on the cd changer situation? I noticed there is cable that comes from behind the stereo into the glove box that has 2 connectores at the end? They aren't the usual aux looking connections though.

I'm wondering if it's had an ipod adaptor at some point.

take pictures of the connector, does sound like ipod connection of some sort. I would ring and ask the previous owner.

Iv got the white alcantara on mine, which looks alright... i dont think i would of liked it in blue, but horses for courses i suppose.

Does look tidy though, I love silver S3's