1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 Owner. Ignition Coil Question

Stesh Sep 27, 2012

1. Stesh

Stesh New Member

Bought my very first S3 a couple of weeks ago (my very first Audi for that matter). Awesome piece of Kit. And ive been reading up on the whole Ignition Coil Saga that went on a little while back on the 1.8ts Because I know the guy i bought it off, he was good enough to get the coils done to be on the safe side before i picked up the car as he wasnt sure himself.

so my question is, is that lots of the forums ive seen mention about these being a right nitemare, being poor quality, being replaced, then going again. some people have said that they have gotten through 3 sets of coils in a year. Now most of these forums are dated from 2007-2008 time. so have Audi managed to sort out the quality of these things?. or in otherwords, now were are in 2012 and seen as mine have just been done 2 weeks ago, can i expect these to now not fail? or can i assume Audi still havnt ironed out all kinks in this and that they may possibly go.

Cheers

PS. its a 2001 S3

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012