1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 owner. Any probs???

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Joolz, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Joolz

Joolz New Member

Hi i have bought myself an 08 57 plate S3 with 44k. Had an 05 A3 2.0 TDi sport 140 then an 06 A3 2.0 TDi 140 S Line but decided i dont do enough miles to need a diesel and wanted to have some fun instead so bought the S3. My 06 S Line had done 70k and needed a clutch (just the flywheel but best to replace everything) which i was told is quite common. Has anyone had many probs with their S3's? I know its just your donald duck really but just wondering if there is anything i should be keeping an eye out for. I wont be getting the car till next week

Cheers

Joolz
  2. Bugsy_27

Bugsy_27 Vorsprung Durch Technik

welcome to the site mate, got any plans for the S3?
  3. Joolz

Joolz New Member

Hi thank you, ive got 18" gun metal new rs4 alloys with machined/polished face to go on, converting the coin tray to a cupholder and sat nav plus. That might be a few months away though. I bought my s line quattro just in september last year and bought s3 side skirts, rear valance and chrome mirrors for it. Never got round to fitting them so will be selling them. Im a nightmare. Had 5 cars last year, hoping the s3 will keep me satisfied for a while!!
  4. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

5. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

Welcome fella.

Most of the S3 problems are just your common, all garden A3 issues that you'll be well aware of with your previous motors - clutches, steering racks, aircon sensors & compressors, crap servicing from dealers etc etc

Get it for a while, get used to it & then get it a remap, while budgetting for a new clutch along the way. More power is addictive stuff on the S3 though, so it'll keep you happy as a car but not yer wallet!
  6. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Active Member

Welcome to forum!

Problems with the clutch only tend to surface when you start remapping above stage 1.

One you do stage 1, it becomes very addictive and expensive! (Hence why I am booked in for an uprated clutch, a HPFP and 2+ software next Friday!)

Enjoy the S3.
  7. Joolz

Joolz New Member

Cheers for that! Think i will give remap a wide berth for a while. just cant wait to drive though i was just reading elsewhere on the forum that audis are the most commonly stolen, esp s models. Will be getting tracker fitted before a remap me thinks!
  8. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Hiya and welcome.
  9. pilcob

pilcob Member

Wise choice RE:- tracker, and welcome to the site.
  10. Joolz

Joolz New Member

Thanks pilcob. Just got my car last nite. Love it already
  11. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

hi & welcome! glad you love it but tbh you alwaysd was coming from an A3 diesel (no offence)
  12. colb1977

colb1977 New Member

loving my 2010 s3 had it remapped by qst MTM kim collins and it flys 328bhp