New S3 - Need Some Advice...

rallye_turbo

Reaction score
Hi all.

Purchased an Audi S3 in Noggy Blue. First S3, about 5th vehicle with 20VT though!
First impressions - very nice, smooth, fast etc! Managed to average out 38mpg on the 150mile trip home down M11, M25, A3 - wow. That's a bonus. A few bits of body work need doing, but engine had a large amount of money spent on it, is a great spec and a solid base for future mods.
I have a couple of questions that I need some help on:-

The car has an aftermarket exhaust and it just scrapes on the entrance to my drive. I can increase height of the suspension as it is on AP coil overs, but inspection it does seem to be hanging down at DP and at rear on elbow by diff. Are they all like this? I think it's a power flow one. AND IT IS LOUD, perhaps a little on the 'too much' side.

It has a front mounted intercooler and has lost the fogs and lower grills. I am not a huge fan of this look, so can the grilles be re-fitted? Much worked needed for this?

It has the faulty volume switch on the radio. Easy fix?

Drove back along some 'B roads' for last 10miles. Wow - can't see a thing! The lights are meant to be Xenon's right - very poor performance! Anything I should look for or can be done?

Cheers, Paul

Last edited: