New S3 - MMI model and version

kogi2k

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a got a new S3 2015 sedan and trying to understand what MMI model has been installed in my car, since the local dealer (!!!) can not even tell me what they sold me , really ... they have no clue ..

- I don't have pre-installed navi system
- I can't connect any phone for DATA (rSAP) - tried Sam G5 , Nokia E71 and N95 and more

I want to know if my version can have a navi , use Audi Connect (via phone , I don't have a SIM slot)

Attached pics, please let me know what is the model and what are the capabilities I have.

Thanks !

Attachments

• mm1.JPG
    mm1.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,240
  • mmi2.JPG
    mmi2.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 913
All versions can have nav installed (SD card)
If you have no SIM slot then I don't think you can have Audi Connect.
What size is the screen?

If you didn't spec Audi connect or the nav then you won't have cell phone usage or the sat nav (pretty obvious). Although the sat nav can be installed afterwards by a dealer for around £500-600, they just press a few buttons on the PC. However, connect can't be retrofitted from what I know?

I heard there is NAV Plus and Touch versions that can have Audi Connect (even via the data phone. remote SIM)

What does the version abbreviation mean : MSTD_EU_AU_P3151 ?

Thanks !

You don't have the Tech Pack or Audi Connect, just the standard system. You can add the basic SD nav for £500.

How do you not know what you bought?!

Thanks !

That's sad however :(

The dealer has never asked me about which MMI system I can choose and the most frustrating part is that all User Guides including the Quick mention about NAV and Audi Connect option .. which apparently I don't have at all ...

The other giveaway is that the 4 "corner" buttons that surround the MMI rotary controller -

If the buttons are black plastic you have the basic system
If the buttons are silver in appearance you have Tech Pack or Tech Pack with Connect

To be fair there are plenty of resources which tell you all the various options, such as brochures and the website, although I'm surprised the dealer didn't mention any of them as you'd think they'd be trying to make you spend more money on options.

You need the Tech Pack (larger, higher-res screen and some other improvements) in order to have Audi Connect. You just have the standard system to which you can add nav at any time for £500. You get an SD card containing the map data and the dealer activates the system for you.

The buttons are plastic black

I am chasing for dealer for more than a week and they have no clue even when they look at the order details , they have one tech expert which "should" call me next week , the rest of the answers I am getting are like .. "MMI what ? .. " " this is advanced system ... " " what are you talking about .. "

Also they pushing me to buy completely new system (replace the HW) which is based on Android ... costs ~$1600

What?! Is this a proper Audi dealer or some used car place? No way would a franchised Audi dealer be talking about aftermarket replacements for the MMI.

Reactions: 4K
I agree with Vertigo. Who is this crazy dealer and where are you located? They don't have a f'ing clue what they are talking about.