New S3 - just bought one

Irish

Reaction score
Hows it going lads..

Logged back in and it said 'you last visited August 2005'??!

Anyway, I bought this S3 during the week, picking it up in Jan.

Spec is double leather, sat nav, winter pack, sprint blue, light pack, auto lights/wipers/interior mirror.

I drove one a few weeks ago and just fell in love. Have a 06 GTI at the minute but even still, it felt like a different car.

Anyone any idea of what the cheaper sat nav unit is like cause that's what's in it.

newmS3SPR317.jpg

Very nice, how come you dont get it till jan though? i wouldnt mind a set of those rims on mine! they lush! :wub:

I have to wait till march for mine!
Sprint blue is the colour though - good man!

Well done it looks nice, really nice. Sleepless nights till January then?

Lovely looking car, Irish.

It looks superb in sprint blue.:hubbahubba:

Nice car looks the business in sprint blue, saw one in dolphin grey in fosters audi yesterday with the split rims, looked manky to be honest.

That is one lovely car mate
How come your getting rid of the golf gti ?
You sold your a3 for a GTI and now back again ...

Please explain...:cool:

P.S welcome back

hiya lads..

Had the 2.0 TDI A3, bought a MKV GTI, bought another MKV GTI when I fancied a small few toys and then when I saw the S3 I just wanted it.

The price means they'll be pretty rare on the ground here in Ireland so that on its own sold me.

They start at €52,000 here!!!! Crazy.

Saw the grey one in Fosters, I sat in it last weekend, don't like the BBS rims at all. The wheels are nice but they don't suit the car.

Over £36k for an A3!? Crikey...couldn't you buy one in the UK, drive it across and register it on Irish plates (if at all)?

It's not unique to A3s.. all cars are overpriced here. Double tax from government. You can save money bringing used cars in from UK, not so much with new ones.

I saved a fortune buying an Alfa 156 from Ireland.
Saved nearly £4K on UK prices.
Better spec too.
Don't ask me where in Ireland,I bought it from an internet broker in Stratford on Avon,but I had to drive around with Irish plates for weeks.

£28K for an S3 is bad enough.
£36K is just madness.

You don't have to pay VRT as you don't live here, Ireland has some of the cheapest pre tax car prices in Europe.

Tim Stuart said:
Over £36k for an A3!? Crikey...couldn't you buy one in the UK, drive it across and register it on Irish plates (if at all)?

as irish says you would still have to pay the vrt if you did this, depending on the engine size this would bring the car
well over the irish price, as pre tax prices here are cheap.
it's illegal to drive on foreign plates here unless the car is registered to an address abroad that you are based at..

LOL, Seems like only yesterday you were telling me about the 'new' GTI over on boards Mark and now another new car!! And what a car! Bet you cant wait till Jan. I know I can't. I have a new TT on order from Grange for Jan.

Which dealership did you order from? I went in to Fosters again to see what kind of deal they would do me on my A3 for a new TT and they did exactly what they did the last time when I was trading my old mark I A3 for the '04 one.. High pressure sales tactics and then offered a frankly insulting Trade-in price. 4000 euro less then Grange offered!!

How they are still in business with Grange only down the road I do not know.

hi Calibos!

I normally do go with Grange (I agree on Fosters, they offered me 31k for my July 06 GTI!!).

In the end I went to Newmarket Motors in Cork and got myself €35,200 (yes you did read it right!) for the GTI.

The guy I deal with in Grange was away for nearly a month and I was messed around by a fella there so I went elsewhere.

Picking it up Jan 1st.. can't wait. Congrats on the TT, they look great.