1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 in Audi Driver Magazine

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by h5djr, Oct 2, 2006.

1. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 2, 2006]
    This month's Audi Driver magazine has just landed on my doormat. In the magazine is a article where Paul Harris, the editor, drives the new S3. An intresting point towards end of the article is where he asks some of Audi's marketing team whether there would be an S-tronic(DSG) gearbox and a Sportback version. The answer was no on both accounts. They reckon that a manual gearbox is the best solution for a car with the character of the S3, but it may be that there is so much call on Audi's development engineer's that the package has been kept relatively simple.

In the same magazine there are articles on right-hand versions of the new TT and another article on Superchips Bluechip technology.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. stevec

stevec Member

[Oct 3, 2006]
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 4, 2006]
    Hi Stevec

No that press release was in the September issue of the magazine. The October issue has a full road test by Paul Harris, the editor, and is 4 pages including photos.

The October issue should be on sale (£3.75) in W H Smiths by now. It has a picture of a white S3 on the front cover with the headline 'New S3'
  5. dpeilow

dpeilow Member

[Oct 12, 2006]
    If S-tronic is as good as Audi and the motoring press claim, then I disagree with the comment about a manual being the best for a car with this character - people should have the option.

Personally I was looking forward to trying an S3 with DSG and that and the magnetic suspention would be far more likely to get me to upgrade. As it is, I'm left considering spending £10k on an upgrade vs £500 for a chip to get what on paper looks like the same car.

I can't believe that marrying this gearbox to essentially the same 2.0l engine as a TT takes that much effort.

Dave