1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3, front bumper at bottom peeling?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ferris, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ferris

ferris Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    New S3 only 4 weeks old and i noticed this morning that the bumper at the bottom (the gery bit) is peeling and flaking already quite badly. I could actually peel it all off easily. Surely this can't be right??? Anyone experienced the same or know what they will do to correct it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Not good mate. As you will no doubt be aware this will be a warranty fix (especially given that it is only 4 weeks old).

Jamiekip (sorry Jamie for name checking again!) had a similar issue on the front valance where the laminate/plastic began to split, but I believe it was on the blue bit (sprint blue), but quite near the grey insert. He got Audi to repair it on warranty.

Oh and looks like Warren has had a similar issue here.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  4. ferris

ferris Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Mine's on the grey bit at the bottom. Looking at it i reckon they might be able to just replace the bottom bit actually. Still a pain in the arse though, and added to the cracked window from a stone chip last week i've not had the best of starts with Audi!
  5. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

[Jul 24, 2009]

This?

I can't find Jamie's thread, but suffice to say a call to the dealers is required. Mate that is a PITA and not the best way to start your new car experience.
  6. phil_w

phil_w Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 24, 2009]
    Audi are sick of the sight of me for getting resprays on various bits (plastic and metal) on my 56 plate Sportback under warranty - must have been in 3 or 4 times now..
  7. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    well they should eff it up in the 1st place! there the only ones who loose out by quality cutting
  8. yahyar

yahyar Member

[Jul 24, 2009]
    i got the exact same problem on mine... going in for its 15000km service soon so they better fix it
  9. yahyar

yahyar Member

[Mar 10, 2010]
    ferris, did audi sort this out for you? can you post a picture of before and after?

audi centre cape town have refused to fix this for me and it is now 8 months later!!