1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S3 arriving at dealers tomorrow - any tips?

Syzygy Jul 27, 2010

1. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

My new S3 is due to land at the dealers tomorrow :yahoo: I've already asked them not to wash/sandpaper it. I was also thinking I should ask them not to put any dealer stickers on it. Is there anything else worth mentioning?

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yeah go over the paintwork with a fine & I mean fine toothcomb as swirls are the norm, check the spec is 100% what you requested, check for any dinks, trims missing/loose, any kerbing, check mileage, basically anything you can think of they could possibly have done wrong to the car & sign it not 100% inspected, subject to full inspection etc etc.

3. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

yes as NHN says and another thing to do as a professional car valeter i can tell u to stay well clear of car washes they scratch the holy ***** out of ur paint wash it by hand always i see cars all the time that have seen way 2 many car washes and a black car can sometimes look almost a dark grey coz of the car washes and just enjoy s3 ownership i would love to but one but funds at the mo say no no no

4. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

Don't worry, no chance of it ever seeing a car wash!

5. FranA3

good to hear they are no good at all hope u enjoy the s3 its such a fantastic car

6. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

Cheers :) Can't wait - although I've had to since April

7. FranA3

lol that must be like torture i had to wait 3 days for mine coz of finance stuff i thought that was bad enough , but the wait is nearly over tho eh

8. GConn

GConn Member

Just check the paint work, check that it has all the extras you paid for and enjoy :)

9. mojo555

mojo555 Member

Great news mate!!! just out of interest when was the build date of the car??? i am currently waiting on mine that was built 3 weeks ago.

10. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

Mine was built week 27. It was awaiting shipping a couple of weeks ago but disappeared off the radar for a bit with the Audi IT upgrade. Believe some dealerships are still not back online yet.

11. VRStu

VRStu Just Looking VCDS Map User

Had you thought about waiting until 01 September?

12. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

I did but after waiting so long I couldn't be bothered waiting any longer. I have been driving a 1.4 Pug 307 for 2 months and I couldn't take another month knowing my brand new S3 was just sitting there.

Respect to those of you with more will power than me though :) Have you been to visit yours?

13. VRStu

I don't dare, I'd be feeling the pain even more than I am now!!

14. Syzygy

Syzygy Member

Don't blame you!

15. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

Your some man, there's no way I could wait

16. mojo555

mojo555 Member

if mine is ready for collection within the next week i will collect, if any later then i will-prob wait!!!

17. VRStu

It's not easy I tell you that much. Luckily we have another car which is not too bad.