1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New S Line 2.0 TDI

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by johnhugh, Nov 28, 2012.

1. johnhugh

johnhugh New Member

[Nov 28, 2012]
    Hi,

After reading most users reviews and seeing their pics, here is mine.

2.0 TDI Diesel S Line Daytona Grey with the Comfort Pack and SD card sat nav.

This was a car that the dealership had ordered on speck and as I was told a few weeks back when I first enquired that it would be March before delivery of a factory ordered one, I got a good deal and trade in so went for this as it had already been shipped from Germany. I needed to trade in my old one, but if I could have waited, I would have gone for one of the upgraded sound systems and the Teck Pack.

My previous A3 was a 2.0 TDI Diesel Sport. This had the Alcantara/leather option but to be honest it only every looked good when it had been hovered in straight lines so prefer the standard option in the new one.

First impressions, is that is fab to drive, much more umph than the previous one and I took to the electronic handbrake straight away.

One or two niggles; I do find the steering too light, especially at speed on corners. Also the right hand driver's arm rest on the driving (which someone else noticed) is further away and I am 6'4"! I lowered the seat which has solved the problem.

Also which driving mode are other people using? I’ve tended to auto.

Here are a couple of pics, not great quality or conditions due to the weather!

Cheers
    John

001 f.jpg
    001 r.jpg
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. johnhugh

johnhugh New Member

[Mar 4, 2013]
    Would be good to know what MPG people are getting from a similar spec. I get around 43 on normal duel caridgeway but drops to about 38 with town driving. - all in dynamic mode.
  4. quibble

quibble New Member