New 'RS4' bumper for B6 cabriolets !

andyccr

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
Well, after looking at a few 'new' cars recently and deciding that I'd rather expand my business rather than a new car, I've decided to keep the cabriolet.

Now I'm on the mailing list from Hofele in Germany who produce some seriously good quality (all TUV approved) parts for the Audi range.

So, I've treated myself to the new 'RS4' look front bumper and their matching 'RS4 look' rear inner apron part.

They also have a 'Elegance' front bumper but that used the A8 large new grille, and to me it looked a little wrong... Now this new style one has been the one I've been waiting for ! No need to buy a B7 front bumper and try to graft it on the bottom of my B6 one ! And no need to buy an RS4 now ! (I just can't find that £50k for a B7 RS4 cabriolet!!)

So they have been ordered, so should be with me within 3 weeks.

Just having a tough time deciding whether to go with the 'optic' pack 'blackout' grill or keep the chrome standard B7 grill. I'm heading towards the blackout one!

They do stuff for B6 and B7 so have a look at www.hofele.com

NewsletterA4Cabriopage1.jpg

Audi_A4_Cabrio_tailpipes_RSA_01.jpg

Hopefully I can now fit my genuine Audi DTM carbon front splitter to the new bumper !
DSCF1521.jpg

Gmbh, S-line, VOTEX, Reiger...... been umming and arghing myself and what would be right for my 4-dr B6 saloon.

Convinced myself a couple of days ago the HOFELE design looks a quality finish I'm looking for - will be looking to place an order in the coming weeks too for the B6 stuff.

Personally want to keep the B6 front look and not go the full B7 front refresh - something about gluing on the "Nose" cone does not feel right to me IMO ??

Nothing to stick on with Hofele with the cabriolet kit. The saloon kit does though I'm afraid !

Hofele stuff is great quality as its TUV approved.

Andy

Nothing to stick on with Hofele with the cabriolet kit. The saloon kit does though I'm afraid !

Hofele stuff is great quality as its TUV approved.

Andy

On closer examination I see what you mean - no stick on nose cone - the Cabriolet is a one piece - it gets better!!

What about side skirts - what's your look at present down the sides?

Finally something nice to stick on the front of the B6 cab's!!

Sorry i dont like it at all!!! As a current owner of Hofele products, this rs4 bumper does not suit the car.It looks like its not part of the car, something does not fit correctly or looks strange. My opinion that is. The first bumper they made for b6 cabrio the one i have on mine that is looks a lot smoother on the car.

cheers

Nology, I've been waiting for this bumper, as the first one that you've got uses the A8 grille and to me looks too large ! But hey, if we all wanted the same, it'd be a boring old world !

I think NOLOGY's looks more like an A8 and this new one looks like the B8 version! i don't think they can be compared as they are different looks.

I personally would prefer the A8 look than this version... although they both look very good. The thing that I'm not too keen on on this version is theres too many buldges at the corner! NOLOGYs version is a more subtle approach and so harmonises more with the rest of the car.

Looking forward to see it when its finished tho Andy - And I agree with you... I think the Blackout version is the way to go.
:yum:

Zeratul, there are meant to be bulges as its a direct copy of the RS4 cabriolet bumper which has the 'gills' in the end and the funny front lower front splitter 'bit' - I'm going to put my carbon splitter on the very bottom though.

The thing I like is the fact that the Hofele product is TUV approved so you know its not going to be ***** quality and it WILL fit ! Also they use original parts whenever possible, so on this bumper it uses the original S-line / S4 / RS4 grilles and RS4 foglamp grilles to make it look as OE as possible.

I've decided against the blackout grille as I've got the S4 matt chrome mirrors on mine, so thought i'd keep it all looking the same.

Going to retrofit the headlamp washer system when I do it, and slip a 'little' intercooler in whilst the front is all off !

Just paid for the bumper, now the wait beings.............

Andy

Woorlord, if you want the guys email address at Hofele, let me know

Yeh - thats a good point about the blackout grill if you have the Chrome mirrors - you made the right choice.

If its a direct copy of the RS4 cab then thats fair... I think your going to need the side skirts too tho, as it does flair out a bit.

I do like the rear apron... are you having the exhaust tips also?

All in all - I hope it all fits swiftly without trouble, after all the work you've done so far.

It will fit ! I've seen 3 other Hofele products fitted and they have been 101% I am going to order the side skirts, but unfortunately this months (and next month - may have to be a Crhistmas present to myself!!) budget do not allow !!!!

I've already got genuine RS4 exhaust tips on the car and I'm hoping Milltek maybe accomodating later on in the year in retro-fitting my tips, if not then I'll have to got to another manufacturer. Think I'll go for the non resonated system to try and get some noise out of it.

Then after Christmas time and after the intercoolers gone on, then Mike @ Impossible Performance is going to remap it. Then I'll do the brake upgrade, mainly for looks, probably just go for the ECS big brake kit using the Brembo calipers.

I can afford for the car to now be a weekend car now that my Polo Coupe is now on the road.

So I'm quite looking forward to it now :)