New RS3 / S3 Info

When I got my stage3 S4 I wasn't sure if it was really that much faster than my chipped TT. The power delivery disguises the progress your making and the S4 is more insulated than the TT was.

It's only when I went up against traffic and other TTs I really appreciated the difference. I guess it depends whether you want to feel fast or be fast. I guess somewhere in the middle.

Yeah N/A is smooth and turbo is rougher power and turbo diesel is rougher even still (all or nothing).

My mate had a Fiesta RS turbo when i had my Pug 1.9GTI and they were almost identical but when in the RS it felt so much quicker. Pushed me back in my seat a lot more.

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]
When I got my stage3 S4 I wasn't sure if it was really that much faster than my chipped TT. The power delivery disguises the progress your making and the S4 is more insulated than the TT was.

It's only when I went up against traffic and other TTs I really appreciated the difference. I guess it depends whether you want to feel fast or be fast. I guess somewhere in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i agree, somwhere in the middle would be ideal. As stephV6 says a diet would sort it out as well as stripping a bit of insulation, ala Porshce RS's. We might see this as thats what they kinda done with the TT quattro sport. I love those Recaro pole positons, shame they dont rock forward.

I can get in them but..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Have you tried them scoTTy? The look the dogs.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, the outgoing M3 is 343 BHP, out of NA 3.2 litre engine (i think).

Why can't audi achieve a similiar figure from there 3.2 FSI engine.

because their engineers are better?
no seriously I dont know.

I mean over 100bhp/liter means a very well tuned up engine going to high rpms.
Maybe the straight 6 is just better/more reliable that the narrow 6 of the VAG group??

[ QUOTE ]
because their engineers are better?
no seriously I dont know.

I mean over 100bhp/liter means a very well tuned up engine going to high rpms.
Maybe the straight 6 is just better/more reliable that the narrow 6 of the VAG group??

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget that the 3.2 in the current E46 M3 is an evolution of the 3.2 used in the E36 M3 EVO which is basically half a McLaren F1 road car engine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

You know JoJo, you can be quite clever sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried them scoTTy? The look the dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]
They were too extreme for me. I dropped into them and found them very firm. They hold you very snuggly (if you've got any sort of ar5e) and then when you want to get out it's not very easy. Great in a gokart or sports car but not a main stream Audi for everyday use. Perhaps at a push as a weekend car.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe someone can answer this for me, the outgoing M3 is 343 BHP, out of NA 3.2 litre engine (i think).

Why can't audi achieve a similiar figure from there 3.2 FSI engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's likely to be the people in marketing that influnce the decision. An A3/S3 with 340+ bhp would probably out perform a "higher" class of car in the Audi line up - and so would take sales. Each class of car has its target market. I'm sure if Audi wanted to, they could get 300-340 out of the 3.2.

my 2p. :)

AL

Cheers AL B, that is what i thought too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I cant see why they just dont knock heads together

THe 3.2 Bimmer engine plus the Audi Quattro 4wd,

What a great future S3 that would make /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seeing as your wife thinks diesels are so slow compared to her modified 106...

Ask her to have a go against any of the Superchipped 2.0TDI VW Golfs or Audi A3s that are knocking around...

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing as your wife thinks diesels are so slow compared to her modified 106...

Ask her to have a go against any of the Superchipped 2.0TDI VW Golfs or Audi A3s that are knocking around...

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up!........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

What?

Are you having a good laugh at yourself claiming a little Pug can take on S3's and the like!?!?

Fool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What?

Are you having a good laugh at yourself claiming a little Pug can take on S3's and the like!?!?

Fool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... They can.. They can be mad into rapid little beasties

Must not forget that the little Pugs are made of very thin and light metal.
And the Audis are made of Quality.

[ QUOTE ]
What?

Fool :

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to get into school-yard 'my dads bigger than yours' discussion, but:

1. My car is an S3. I have never owned a 106. I didn't want the wifes old car to keep up, but it did and i'm not going to lie
2. I had a play with two tinted window 106's with www.someperformancecompany.co.uk stickers on the M54. They kept up fine even at huge speeds that I didn't think they could go to.
3. I have had a play with a standard looking 106 on the M5 and could outdrag him above the
speed limit.

I have a mate who has a VTS and i can beat him easily especially on a bypass/motorway!!

Maybe all those pugs have been quite modded though cos my mates VTS just has a BMC and exhaust.

Cheers.