New RNS-e MMI

aristides

Reaction score
Hello all!
I was surfing today at www.audi.de and realised that there is a new version of the MMI now available, but only for models A6, A8 and Q5.

Does anyone of you know if this new MMI will be available for the A3 series too?
I was about to retrofit the standar RNS-e to my car, but since there is a new version around i was wondering if i should wait and see if they make a new one for the A3 and A4 so i could buy the "older" RNS-e cheaper!

Any ideas?

well they are still fitting the RNS-E to all the facelift A3/S3's so I guess they will be using it for a few years yet. The models mentions are the more upmarket platforms too.

The A3 is not MMI and any MMI unit for another car will not fit the A3.

The TTRS is rumoured to be getting a new MMI interface, but I doubt that's true since it would require the dash to be redesigned.

Audi would also have to rip out the CAN based electronics and replace it with the fibre MOST system.

So no need to worry actually
Ok as it seems i will continue working on this current retrofit without thinking about the future :)

One more thing.
Anyone of you heard of a release for the 2009 maps?
Cause it would be stupid to buy the 2008 maps for 100euro and in 3 months to have to update, dont u think?

that looks better option, is it a copy or original? I'm 1/4 way through downloading it lol, if i doesn't work I will get that. Thanks.

the one I got was a copy - but sure for 30 quid does it matter?

it works just as well as the original - plus you don't have to faff about with the book type issues and the other malarky to get the downloaded version burned to a dvd.

don't suppose anyone knows the difference between mmi and rns-e. Just had a nav plus retrofitted to my a3 but its start screen says MMI.
Can anyone explain this (SW version 0650). Cheers in advance :shrug:

The fact the RNS-E says MMI on the screen is just Audi marketing, It uses 'MMI Control Logic!'

Real MMI equipped cars (New A4, A6, A8 etc) have the screens seperate from the CD drives and all the control buttons. No A3 was EVER available with an MMI system.