New Rims and rings.....................wins??

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
Finally got around to puttting the freshly painted Holstens back on today. I also colour matched the front and rear ring badges, and the boot strip. Really happy with the colour, its kinda a mix between grey and maybe antique gold or bronze. Looks grey on a flat day like today but its absolutely pops in the sun:yum:
After alot of deliberation I finally went and picked up a Cupra splitter and made the mods necessary to make it fit, that also got painted same colour as rims and rings. i added a little couple of sections to the splitter to keep my fussy aesthetic side happy!. Couple of coats of primer followed by basecoat. Didnt bother with lacquer as I suspect it might take some knocks so thought I would just see how it goes for now. Nows its on, its easy enough to take off and replace eetc, just wind out them self tappers!

What you guys and gals reckon??

DSCF3254.jpg

DSCF3255.jpg

DSCF3256.jpg

DSCF3271.jpg

DSCF3265.jpg

DSCF3243.jpg

DSCF3291.jpg

DSCF3296.jpg

DSCF3304.jpg

DSCF3305.jpg

DSCF3308.jpg

DSCF3309.jpg

DSCF3314.jpg

DSCF3314-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
As you know they're never going to be my favourite wheels, BUT they look really good now, the best I've ever seen them.

As I know from my own experience, it's all about being different and with the subtle touches like the ring colours you've acheived it.

Well done :salute:

That looks very very nice Jon, I've got some of those blinds you have in yours on their way to me so I'll see how good they look, keep it going car looks great

Matt

Personally, I prefer the splitter in black - colour-coded makes it look like it's stuck on but not meant to be there.

The wheels look terrible but you must really like them so it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

I like the ring colour.

Matty, I hope they fit a treat. I had issues with my first set so they complelety remade the jig for me!!! But having said that, your in an avant so not relevant! They are so good i reckon. Hope your pleased when you get them.

QJ, The wheels have so much more definition than when they were in black. They were getting ALOT of attention when stopped outside shop and petrol station. I am so pleased i took my time choosing the colour, i really think in the flesh it works spot on with body in Atlas Grey.....

Personally, I prefer the splitter in black - colour-coded makes it look like it's stuck on but not meant to be there.

The wheels look terrible but you must really like them so it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.

I like the ring colour.

I can see what you mean about the splitter when I look at the pics, Its a cliche but it genuinely looks better in the flesh. I think without it looks a bit of a chinless wonder, and this helps balance it out a bit. I coded it to tie in with the badges and wheels. It is stuck on, and its not meant to be there, but I take your point.

As for the wheels, I was ready for a change, and if I wasnt happy after the repaint then I would sell them, and probably go for LM's in 19's as they are a style that looks small, but I have a thing for these wheels and and have love for them again in this colourway! I know they are not the peoples choice but I like something different.

I put a splitter on mine too - you're right, the B6 front profile is way too round.

I know what you mean! Had these on another car before which I was running very low for a while, 130 mm drop, but I am still trying to convince myself to leave the suspension on this, and without lowering it, there is no way i am running lower profile than current front profile 215/40, rears are 235/40.
Please dont make me think about it!

That look absolutely cracking and has totally transformed the look! Where can I get me some of those blinds and can you open the rear windows with them installed?

The wheels look much better i that colour. Good choice.

looks good mate i did think about doing my spliter the same colour but still cant make my mind up i thought id also run some seller in the caps then paint it so it looks like one part.

Really like that - very smart.

As James said - not a choice of wheels I would go for but you've managed to pull it off very well!

sorry was ment to put gaps i would sill it so it looks like its part of the bumper
The splitter is the colour of the wheels/badges/boot trim, its not body coloured. What do you mean about the caps??

sorry was ment to put gaps i would sill it so it looks like its part of the bumper

Aaaah, Ok get you. I am not sealing it yet. Maybe coming off for some tweaks etc Plus I think its going to take some hits anyway and I would prefer that to come off with little damage to the Votex, so dont want it too secure!!

Few more wheel pics with a little sun on them :
DSCF3327.jpg

DSCF3328.jpg

DSCF3321.jpg