1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Purchase

lakey May 6, 2004

1. lakey

lakey New Member

Hello all,
    Looks like I found the people who are in the know about A3’s. I currently have sweaty palms thinking about the test drive I am taking tomorrow in a W reg 1.8T Quattro Sport. Would have liked an S3 but unfortunately it just aint practical right now. Anyway I’ll cut to the chase…. The car is approved used, Can I trust this ? I had a quick look through the forum today and found out some info and I can’t see any horror stories about Audi dealers on here. Should I bother with an additional AA check or are Audi gonna be straight with me ? Is the audi 1 year warranty any good ?

The spec is listed as follows:
    2000 (w) Audi A3 1.8 T quattro Sport finished in Black with black leather interior. Specification includes anti-lock brakes, air bag, alarm, alloy wheels, central locking, compact disc player, electric windows, engine immobiliser and power steering. BOSE sound, two previous registered keepers and 1 year extended warranty. 31987 Miles

They want 12,500 for it, do you think that is a fair price ?

Is there anything I should be looking out for that could make it a wrong un ?

Thanks in advance for any help

2. leespears1

leespears1 Member

I picked up a W reg 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport with 60k, same spec as above but less the cow hide. I went private and paid 3 grand less than the above. That three grand can go a long way with mods like wheels, dv, remap, engine tuning.... I work for RAC and audi assist is just a posh RAC cover worth £70 a year. Anyway, you pay more but if the cars goes bad, u go back...to the stealers. Buy private and your f*&ked! Tricky 1.

3. lakey

lakey New Member

Thanks for your help guys, I'll go and give it a spin and kick the tyres. All being well I'll be blazing a trail home in it.

Catch you later.

4. neil.c

neil.c Senior

Sounds like it's already bought to me.
    Just sign on the dotted line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif