1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New problem with A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Stuart_A3_Turbo, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Stuart_A3_Turbo

Stuart_A3_Turbo Member

[Feb 14, 2004]
    Well, the gearbox noise disappeared so no problem was found there. What a relief. Only now, to find out that our car has 2 fault codes coming up :

Idle speed
    Stepper motor

So now i need a brand new stepper motor, anyone ever heard of this, apparantly its going to cost me 280 quid + vat from a dealer. Why me, oh why oh why, im having nothing but problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

On the plus side, its no longer overfuelling. Got an fse power boost valve instead of the adjustable regulator and it just wants to pull and keep pulling. So much power.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. V1RDE

V1RDE New Member

[Feb 14, 2004]
    The stepper motor was always playing up with my old car. Do you a bit of lag wen you press the throttle from idle or do the revs die then pick up? Find the stepper motor (near the inlet, got a breather pipe going to it usually) and spray some WD40 into the bugger, it usually just gets stuck and just need cleaning. Hope this helps.
  4. Deat

Deat New Member

[Feb 14, 2004]
    I see you fitted your FSE power boost valve i could'nt work it out on how to fit as nothing came with mine to show how to fit it it's been sitting on a shelf now for well over year and half
  5. Stuart_A3_Turbo

Stuart_A3_Turbo Member

[Feb 14, 2004]
    they fitted the FSE for me, looks quite good where it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Have to sort this stepper motor before santa pod, cant have any excuses for losing to rich......