1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Petrol station rip-off..........sort of!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nickynibbles, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Dec 6, 2007]
    Popped into my local Tesco's petrol station on the way home tonight and topped up with £30 worth of super unleaded, paid at the pump and drove off. Just around the corner noticed the warning symbol was still on the dash & the guage hadnt moved!! Swung round a roundabout to shake the car a bit in case the sensor in the tank was playing up but nothing, so went back. After they eventually found the duty manager hiding in some back store room for all I know he aparently suffered something similar recently but found out he had a faulty guage. Struck a deal that he'd give me £10 of free fuel & if it still wasnt showing tomorrow I could have another £30 of fuel.

Now the £10 of fuel which was from a different pump showed up ok on the guage so im relunctant to believe the sensor or guage is faulty, and that I was indeed stiffed for £30 of fuel!!

Will plug vagcom in when it stops raining to see if there's anything up on the car, but think i'll be paying another visit to Tesco's tomorrow! Moral of the story, check your guage before you've gotten very far down the road cos you'll be pissed if you find out 20 miles later you didnt actually get the fuel!! Hopefully its an honest mistake and not a new way for making us pay top dollar for using our cars!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 6, 2007]
    Forgive me, but can't you tell when fuel is flowing through the nozzle into your tank?
  4. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 7, 2007]
    /\ This /\
  5. POPS11

POPS11 New Member

[Dec 7, 2007]
    You can feel it but you dont no how much is actually going in...
  6. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Dec 7, 2007]
    Cant say I noticed any flow though! Its normally a pain when you 1st put the nozzel in cos the auto-shut off keeps tripping until you get the angle right, but this didnt happen at all! The station was also full with all 16 pumps being used plus cars waiting so i'd defy anyone to hear fluid flowing with so much noise around you!!

Anyway, good news this morning is that the car showed 0 faults on vagcom last night & this morning is registering over half a tank now so it appears all is ok after all! Stupid petrol guage, im thinking as I havent used the car much lately and so not filled it up the sensor might not be reacting so quickly to having fuel added. On the plus side i've got £10 of free super unleaded so as it turns out IM the one doing the petrol scam ha ha ha ha!!!!!