1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Marc B, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Marc B

Marc B New Member

[Aug 25, 2010]
    Hi all

New owner with a 2002 A4 2.0 Sport. Very happy with the car but have one concern.

Picked up the car with little fuel so chucked in a tenner to get me home, the display showed a range of 105 miles which was fine, drove home about 30 miles all on 30 and 40 MPH a roads taking it easy and changing gear at 3000-3500 rpm and the car still showed a range of 70 miles, brilliant.

Started her up the next day drove half a mile and the fuel gauge dropped to the first red indicator showing a range of 25 miles!!!

Off the top of my head I work that out at about 20mpg!! Do I need to be a little more aggressive to get a better mpg? Or does it sound like something is wrong?

One thing I did notice was when I took the fuel filler cap of there was a big release of air, I know from owning VW's that some models have a small hole in the petrol cap to release the pressure, should this be the same on this car?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

[Aug 25, 2010]
  4. Marc B

Marc B New Member