New Owner S4 Avant

Lastkill21

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd pop on after been directed here by one of the members.
I have just ordered a new:

S4 Avant Black Edition in Sepang blue,

Cannot tell you how excited i am, Never bought a car from new before so not had to deal with this 12 weeks of waiting. Ive gone for a few optional extras:

Super sports seats (Red & Black)
Tech Pack
Heated Seats
And Obviously normal Black Edition extras
Am sure there is something else :-/

After reading up i see people go for sports diff - This is something I won't need, it would just be a waste on me.

Anyway im looking forward to reading up on here.

Have a great day

Karl

Reactions: xpoweruk, Bristle Hound, Rich M and 1 other person
Hi all,

Thought I'd pop on after been directed here by one of the members.
I have just ordered a new:

S4 Avant Black Edition in Sepang blue,

Cannot tell you how excited i am, Never bought a car from new before so not had to deal with this 12 weeks of waiting. Ive gone for a few optional extras:

Super sports seats (Red & Black)
Tech Pack
Heated Seats
And Obviously normal Black Edition extras
Am sure there is something else :-/

After reading up i see people go for sports diff - This is something I won't need, it would just be a waste on me.

Anyway im looking forward to reading up on here.

Have a great day

Karl

Welcome to the forum Karl, you must be mega excited. :jump:
good luck and get some pics up on delivery day :kissmyrings:
Paul

Reactions: TahirS
Welcome to the forum, it will be here in no time! :kissmyrings:

Reactions: Lastkill21
Thanks Guys,
Mega excited is a understatement. Im sure there will be plenty of pics.
Only 11 weeks and 6 days i hope :jump:

Welcome! Plenty of S4 threads to read if you search. Might help pass the time. :)

And to get your hopes up mine was about 3 weeks early last year. It actually turned up on the provisional build date I had.

Welcome, I waited over 6 months for mine but it was well worth it. Good to see someone else with a great taste in seat colour!

Morning,

Longp2 have you got a picture of the seat's ? I was mmming and Rrrring as ive not seen a true picture of them in a car. Some times they look a dull red some times not so much. Im hoping they look well agasit the blue.

Hoping to get a confirmed build date this week. If i can stop addings bits :keule:

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Car sounds nice. Im sure the waiting will fly in and you have your new car for summer. Enjoy the forum. :) x

The nice thing is however much you look forward to it when you get it it will exceed expectations :) nice spec for a nice car

Reactions: TahirS and Lastkill21
Small world :)

So i've known Karl for many years and he tells me after he sat in mine that he fell in love with it. When he text me on Monday to say he was joining the audi club I was expecting an RS3

I will keep you occupied (or tease rather) with my S4 for now :)

BTW - sports diff I believe has to be combined with ADS (Audi Drive Select). Thats why i went full hog and got damper control with it :)

Hey Rick,

Im sure i have many weeks of painfull messages off you. but you know what i cannot wait ;)

It is true felt good been in yours and well same when mine arrives :D have some nice group photos, as long as they dont touch and have a S3 off-spring ;)

Yes well they are nippy little things lol circa 300hp, i'd imagine it would be snapping on our heels (until a revo map is applied to the S4 haha)

Reactions: Keef and Lastkill21
After been taken for a spin in Warren's revo'd S5 all i can say is.....wow
Transformed the car!
You thinking of going that route Rich??

Hey Keef, I read a review in the AudiTuner mag for the S5 with revo and it got a really good review.

I keep thinking about it but warrenty and how the dealer would detect it. I heard a rumour that if you even uninstall the map and put the original one back on they can detect this and put a marker on it to void any warrenty work with the engine. Not sure how true this is but think I'd best talk to revo about it.

Gains are excellent even for stage 1

The other option is a DT-UK box but i believe is only rated 380hp (I say only lol)

Welcome mate, Sepang is sooooo nice.
The last couple of weeks were the worst when I knew it was built and had left the factory! As already said it'll exceed your expectations for sure!

Reactions: Rich M
Welcome mate, Sepang is sooooo nice.
The last couple of weeks were the worst when I knew it was built and had left the factory! As already said it'll exceed your expectations for sure!

Ha I forgot about that bit. It leaves the factory and sits at the port for ages and you wonder when the damn ship comes to collect it. Warren actually found the shipping lanes and which boat was going where - thats how desperate we are

Reactions: ERBY
Thanks for the welcome guys. Hoping to find out its due date today/tomorrow.:drool:

Should be 2 week in June, build week 22. Even more excited now:kissmyrings::fox:

Morning,

Longp2 have you got a picture of the seat's ? I was mmming and Rrrring as ive not seen a true picture of them in a car. Some times they look a dull red some times not so much. Im hoping they look well agasit the blue.

Hoping to get a confirmed build date this week. If i can stop addings bits :keule:
Struggling to get photos up but if you pm me your email address I'll send you a few picks. TBH photos seem to make the red look really bright, the nearest photo I've seen that will give you an idea of what they actually look like is the one in the brochure.
You'll not regret getting them.

Should be 2 week in June, build week 22. Even more excited now

Oooh build week 22! - the infamous ‘Model year’ changes occur at BW 22!
Meaning cars build that week or after are MY2016 cars.
The changes (if any) are usually minimal colours, wheel etc...
Info on these is usually filtered out to dealers in April and you can usual find it on the net.
I can’t imagine there would be too many as the B8.5 is been phased out, but worth checking
when your Build week goes confirmed – Ask you dealer if he has any info!?

Morning Keef,

Thanks i will ask the question, You mention changes. What did they chnage this time last year ?

Thanks

Sorry bud – didn’t mean to get you spooked with talk of changes. :keule:

I tried to delay my order last year specifically to get BW 22 or after - but changes turned out to be nothing
major or significant for my case.
Although the emissions changed and reduced the tax band on the saloon! Only other change i can recall was Sepang Blue became an option as oppose to a special order

Full list of A4/A5 MY2015 changes is on page 3 of this thread – im sure its mid-April when your dealer should have some info

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...med-from-audi-hot-off-the-press.216187/page-3

Sometimes they make optional extras part of the standard spec (they did this for DAB radio one year) but usually slip the cost in elsewhere as a price increase.

I tried to delay my order last year specifically to get BW 22 or after - but changes turned out to be nothing
major or significant for my case..
Mines set for BW 21. If there's significant changes/extra kit then it may be time for a word with the dealer...

Thanks Keef,

You did set a slight panic going then :asskicking:

Thanks for the Link, Do i assume its easy enough to get hold of the information in April. Also with this been my first new car and migh tbe a stupid question but when do you receive a confirmed build date. Also i have heard people say about checking the status online, How is this done ?

I think only VW has online build status for customers. Audi buyers are meant to be above such things, apparently. Just pester your dealer every week or so :)

Pretty sure that dealers get MY2016 info in March, ready for selling those models in April. My dealer didn't have any info when asked yesterday.

Yeah only the dealer can check the status online – ask him to email you a ‘screen shot’ of their system when the status of your order changes - it’s a bit geeky but all the info helps ease the wait.
Some dealers tell you different things, but generally you only get a provisional build week when you order, this can moved forward or back over the weeks, in my past experience you only
really get a ’ build confirmed’ date a few weeks before the actual build.
I’m sure its April when the dealer get the model year info, and someone usually posts it on here
Looks like I’ve opened the BW22 / MY can of worms, happens every year
Keep pestering your dealer ever week for info / updates!

Reactions: silentbrown and Lastkill21
I seem to remember TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring) crept into the MY2015 car and I just missed out.

The 2015 model year also has the EU6 emissions controls - 180gm/km and is meant to be more economical. I bought a pre-registered delivery mileage one yesterday. Nearly 33 mpg at a sensible cruise up the M5 to Bristol today. Not as economical as the 3.0TDI it replaced but its going to be more fun.

Reactions: scotty76
33mpg is incredible.
Congrats on your car. I just joined this forum after driving a friends and I'm now looking for a decent pre facelift manual. My experiences with Audi automatics left me scarred... Sepang blue is an awesome colour buddy, that'll look fab in black edition spec.
All the best with it

328 = BHP (US)
333 = PS (EU)
;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
My nearly 33 MPG to Bristol was with front tyres 4psi low and rear 2psi! Can you believe that the dealer does not check the pressures! E-mail has been sent. I will need to refill soon, a lot earlier than the 3.0TDI, and see what MPG it has actually done. My S3 display was fairly accurate, the 3.0TDI optimistic, a mechanic friend says diesel displays are generally optimistic, possibly due to denser fuel?

I'm nearly there with a drum spec manual

Upload 2015 5 14 11 2 42

:jump:

Reactions: TahirS, Keef and Bristle Hound