New owner of A4 B6 1.9 TDI MULTITRONIC, but issues!!

goenry

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, and a new Audi owner! I've not had the most enjoyable purhase of a car and this was through a reputable dealer in the local area!! However, in allfairness, theyve tried to rectify the issue and i have been lucky in that sense... Anyway here's my question to you all!

I had noticed on the first week that there was a juddering from the gearbox, this has since been diagnosed and also resolved with the dealer, who fitted a new gearbox which was very nice of them. I've had the car back for a week, and something sounds quite 'tightly wound up' coming from the front of the car, this 'creak' occurs when I am hitting the brakes, although it doesn't seem to be originating from the wheels. So I just wondered what happens when they replace a gearbox and whether it needs time to bed in, or if it's an issue I should take backto the garage to look over? Has anyone else had their auto gearbox replaced and experienced similar noises coming from the front of the car? It sounds like the interior is creaking when you hit the brakes...

Thanks in advance to any advice!

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Have a read through the faqs threads at the top of the page, lots of useful information in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi welcome new here myself I also had a bumpy start to Audi ownership although different problems to yours could be anything I'm sure some of the veterans on here will be able to point you in the right direction Pete

sounds like one of those noises you have to hear in person tbh to get an idea of what it might be. is it loud enough to heard on a video if you took one with your phone etc? when does it do it? as your coming to a stop? over bumps as your braking?

usual useful post by sandra there...... hot air baloons often come in pretty colours dont they?? or so i heard. :)

Sounds like it could possibly be dry suspension bushes. A BMW 5 series in my friends garage was making a similar sound. Try spraying some silicone spray or WD40 on the suspension bushes and see if that makes it any better. Long shot but worth a try.

Hi All, problem has been solved! when they went to replace the gearbox apparently the subframe and the lower suspension arms were also taken off to get into the space - basically the sound was coming from the frame or sus arm where metal was touching metal as i braked. half hour job, realigned the car and away i go! pretty glad it wasnt anything serious, and hopefully now i get to have a hassle free drive! its only taken a couple months to resolve but can now finally look to enjoy the car.