Q7 new owner, help required

j4g3d

Reaction score
Yay back to audi after 8 years away. Gone for the q7 4.2 fsi diesel fully loaded and so happy with it so far (apart from 25mpg and the tax cost of course). Couple of questions if I may.

-The wing mirrors are definitely electric as i can't bend them in by hand. But inside the mmi in the central locking section, there is no option to enable the fold in mirrors when locking car?. Also what is the wing mirror button on the driver door?. I just can't seem to get the mirrors to fold.

-In the suspension setting, there seems to be preset heights such as comfort. Dynamic..etc. I think they're pretty self explanatory, but to the left of that there us a bar which looks like you can manually adjust the suspension, possible?.

- I'm thinking to get side step fitted and the led drl strip in the bumper. Been looking on eBay. Are they diy? Anything I should look out for when buying these?

I have vag com if that helps with anything, not a expert though.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Your owners handbook or service book should have a sticker on the inside which lists every factory fitted option to your car by code. As for the mirror issue I can only speak as a SQ5 owner but I imagine the Q7 should be the same. Turning the adjuster knob to the left and leaving it there should fold the mirrors on locking and provide a tilt function to see the kerb when reversing. If not, it can be enabled using vcds. Having said all this the folding mirror option should be in the mmi under the 'car' and 'driver assistance' settings.

The wing mirrors will not fold automatically when you lock a Q7, (If it's the old shape one) I had owned mine for a few months and had been scratching my head for some time over it but basically you have to manually fold by turning the mirror adjustment knob around to the bottom, this will then fold the mirrors for you. I actually took mine into an Audi dealer because they honestly thought it was a fault that it didn't do it when you pressed the lock button!

Your owners handbook or service book should have a sticker on the inside which lists every factory fitted option to your car by code. As for the mirror issue I can only speak as a SQ5 owner but I imagine the Q7 should be the same. Turning the adjuster knob to the left and leaving it there should fold the mirrors on locking and provide a tilt function to see the kerb when reversing. If not, it can be enabled using vcds. Having said all this the folding mirror option should be in the mmi under the 'car' and 'driver assistance' settings.

Thanks unfortunately it doesn't seem my Q7 has that option in the MMI menu.

The wing mirrors will not fold automatically when you lock a Q7, (If it's the old shape one) I had owned mine for a few months and had been scratching my head for some time over it but basically you have to manually fold by turning the mirror adjustment knob around to the bottom, this will then fold the mirrors for you. I actually took mine into an Audi dealer because they honestly thought it was a fault that it didn't do it when you pressed the lock button!

Where abouts is this mirror adjustment knob?. Surely it can be activated in VCDS to make it auto close?.

So are you saying that folding mirrors can be programmed if not fitted as a factory option?(sq5) I have not got that option on mine , I have looked on the mmi and cannot find anything about mirrors ?? Am I missing something ? Any help appriciated with this thanks

No they can't be programmed. It's not just a software issue. The actual control module on the door is different. If your want auto finding mirrors, that control module on the door needs to be changed and then the mmi recoded.. Some aftermarket companies do it for a few hundred quid.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for that , I thought that would be the case