New owner amd have a few questions

Dan Estlick

Reaction score
Evening I have jumped ship and became an Audi owner. I have brought myself a 2004 A4 estate 163 ltd edition.

Could you please help with a few questions.

I didnt get an owners manual can.I download one?

I have the nav plus system fitted and want to unplug and check a few of the wires as rear speakers are not working.
If I unplug this its going to ask for a code are the codes the same throughout or one unit one code.

Cheers in advance

Dan

Evening I have jumped ship and became an Audi owner. I have brought myself a 2004 A4 estate 163 ltd edition.

Could you please help with a few questions.

I didnt get an owners manual can.I download one?

I have the nav plus system fitted and want to unplug and check a few of the wires as rear speakers are not working.
If I unplug this its going to ask for a code are the codes the same throughout or one unit one code.

Cheers in advance

Dan

1)As far as I know you can't download a manual, try eBay for one
2) Yes it will ask for a code if you unplug it and each unit has its own code.

Cheers for that. So can the code be done via VAGCOM or do I have to go to a dealer

The code may not appear.

I've pulled out my rns-e (the nav plus unit, it's called rns-e), and as it is the same car it should be fine. The unit learns the vin of the car, and it won't be changing so should be ok.

Please don't take this as 100% correct. Just what I have done in the past (have had it unplugged for at least 2 hours).

Just been looking. And I see that the amp was unpluged so pluged it back in.
Nav unit plays music and rear speakers now work but the screen on the unit will not switch on and cant even open the screen. Unplug the amp and screen switches on.

Should I check wiring or is the amp at fault

The code may not appear.

I've pulled out my rns-e (the nav plus unit, it's called rns-e), and as it is the same car it should be fine. The unit learns the vin of the car, and it won't be changing so should be ok.

Please don't take this as 100% correct. Just what I have done in the past (have had it unplugged for at least 2 hours).

Cheers for that mate. I might take the chance

The code may not appear.

And the RNS-D is also called nav plus!

And the RNS-D is also called nav plus!

Good point. I thought the rns-d was just Audi navigation. And the E was Audi navigation plus. Looking at pictures the D is just navigation plus, the E is Audi navigation plus (unless it comes in a lambo I guess).

Both RNS-D and E are Audi nav plus. There is also another navigation that was fitted to the B6 which has the controls in the centre console aswell. The E is a new version of the D.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Navigation_Plus

If you don't have the code then Audi dealers or I think you can get the code from companys on eBay now aswell. I went to the dealers for mine and it cost £25 but that was a few years ago.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
£25 that's scandalous, the code belongs to the car not Audi. On my previous Passat the radio would say "SAFE" then "LEARN" and then it sorted itself out, as far as I know as long as the unit is original one from the car it will do this.

Previous owner has found me the cars booklet inside is the manual,UK Audi garages form and the spare plastic key attached to a number bit of plastic. Guessing this is the FOB code. Looked throughtvthe manual and says nothing about the NAV unit or code that goes with it.