New model and torque vectoring?

dbm

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone heard any reliable rumours about when the new generation of the A3 will be released?

And do we think the quattro versions will have torque vectoring? It's pretty poor when a Nissan crossover has a more sporty AWD system than an S3...

Cheers,
Dan

Hi all,
do we think the quattro versions will have torque vectoring? It's pretty poor when a Nissan crossover has a more sporty AWD system than an S3...

LOL! Just read an article online about how the new RS3 will certainly have torque vectoring and a centre diff that can channel 85% of the power to the rear.

Not sure how that compares to a Nissan crossover though!

LOL! Just read an article online about how the new RS3 will certainly have torque vectoring and a centre diff that can channel 85% of the power to the rear.

Not sure how that compares to a Nissan crossover though!

Sounds unlikely that though - not sure Haldex is capable of that just yet...

Haldex have a system which can do torque vectoring (it was used on the Vauxhall Insignia) but I would agree that it can't put 85% of the power to the rear under 'normal' circumstances.

Any more rumours out there?

Cheers,
Dan

from what i gather ive only heard of the a5 and the bigger models are deffinately getting torque vectoring with the new crown diff, doesnt mean that the a3 isnt though

I remember reading about hadex's xwd latest system a while back as it was supposed to be going into the Saab. IIRC it was quite different to current systems

Sounds unlikely that though - not sure Haldex is capable of that just yet...

I'm not being stupid in believing Auto Express again am I? I'll never learn. I stopped buying that magazine years back, but I still read the online cr*p...