davehew

03 1.8T Sport
Reaction score
Alright guys, just bought my first audi a few weeks ago, a 03 plate 1.8t sport, nice upgrade after owning a Polo gti for 2 years.
To be honest i dont know much about tuning etc and would like to know some basic info, e.g cai? and alsoi think i have read some sort of add on for the origonal airbox. Obviously like many people on here i am looking for a remap, just wondering what sort of gains i would get from a simple remap with the standard airbox etc. any feedback would be great. Cheers
Dave.

Welcome Dave. Were you on Club Polo by any chance?

Alot of people will advise to get a panel filter, popular choice is Green Cotton with a cold air feed running from it. For the DV, Forge 007p is the best option. I done this myself on my S3 recently. With a remap you're looking around the 200bhp mark.

Very helpful site as you'll see whilst you're on here! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah i was, i also found uk-polos.net very helpful too. yeah i got alot of info about my polo and this site looks every bit just as good. just need to get used to turbo talk! yeah ive researched the green cotton panel filter. swear i saw it for around £50?
Isit possible to get any pics of the panel filter and the cold air feed ie where the cold air feed goes too etc.
so just from a simple remap, nothing else i will see 50bhp?

Well the Revo site states 207bhp. Some people get that and some don't. I've seen 210bhp and also 197bhp. Depends how healthy your car is running. It's a simple remap but a damn good noticeable map!

I got my panel filter from here....

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/airfiltergreenpanel.htm#Audi

I haven't got a cold air feed to it yet but i will do soon hopefully. Smoothing the airbox is a suggestion made by many also. There's plenty of people who have done this so hopefully they'll pop up with pics.

really. yeah true, well il be happy with anything around 200bhp. yeah il probably be getting one soon. kl.i see your from hayes. Only down the road from me, Live in Ruislip Manor.

Nah but u must have heard of it? Just out of curiousity wherd u get ur remap, local? and what was the price?

Morning Dave....the map is the first option, the DV is the second as it holds boost a little betterand is more reliable...the air filter isnt a requirement as it offers no gains over stock, so if your only after power stick with the OEM paper items and save your money

O right Cool. Also am i right in saying as mine is an 03 plate the car will have the ko3s turbo? which is better than the ko3?