Jonny1987

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently running a mk5 golf gti. Gonna change to either a scirocco or a TT.

If I go for the TT I'm gonna have either the 2.0 tfsi or the 3.2 Quattro. Any fors and againsts?

Also, I've seen a nice Quattro for sale and it had 2 double exhausts on the back. Would this be an aftermarket exhaust as I thought they had 2 single exhausts on the back?

Thanks in advance. Forum looks great!

Hi Johnny, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure someone will be along shortly to help answer your questions. :) x

Hi jonny it might have been a tts they have the twin exhaust

Just purchased the TT 2.0 TFSI myself , love it. Thought about the Scirocco myself and looked at few. Although a more practical car , the interior is a bit boring. Once I drove the TT I was hooked. Look for all the optional extras , magnetic ride , Bose stereo , audi sat nav plus , electric folding mirrors , heated seats , electric seats , short shift gearbox , cruise control. Took a while to find mine , had to be really patient . The 3.2 are nice but road tax is expensive. Chain stretch is a common issue and check for the Haldex service at 40k miles if a Quattro. Cambelt and water pump must be changed if over 5 years old, no matter what the mileage is. Oil usage can be on the high side on the 2.0 TFSI engines , I have experienced this on my A4 but have only just got the TT so will wait and see. Good luck in your purchase.

Cheers for all the info. I know what you mean about the scirocco. I've narrowed it down to those two so it's all gonna come down to what deal I can find, although the audis seems slightly cheaper, but older. I actually considered a bmw 130 but the VW and audi seem a lot more stylish.

The scirocco is a cracking looking car , my investigation found that post 2010 models avoided the DSG gearbox issues but there was a recall between 2009 and 2010 with a timing chain issue on the 2.0 gt petrol model. Might be worth checking this out in more detail if you go VW. Go for the TT though , you know you want to.

I like them both equal but with my budget I can get a better standard TT. Seen a grey tfsi and although pretty basic it is looking nice. Suppose I could add extras later. Presumably the engine is either the same or pretty much the same as the GTI.

The 2.0tfsi unit is the same , 200 BHP ish standard. Loads of parts available for upgrade later but they tend to be pricey.

My budget is around 9K so in all fairness I'm probably looking at a pretty basic model.

I've seen a cracking 2.0 TFSI sport quattro for £9500 on auto trader , coupe in sliver. If I'd of seen this 3 weeks ago , would have got it myself.

The picture is mine but the Quattro fro sale is in auto trader , looks identical. Low miles , fsh etc. search auto trader for TT coupe £9500 to £10000 , silver.