1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member with first Audi....Good news/ Bad news :-(

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Jamied, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Jamied

Jamied New Member

[Oct 4, 2013]
    Hi guys this is my first post on here so go easy on me

Yesterday I picked up my first Audi, a 2007 S3, I was hoping to come on here full of excitement about my new car but unfortunately it didn't last long, after driving the car around 20 miles the engine management light came on a quick scan showed the following fault- intake manifold runner flaps exceeded maximum range or something along them lines

Sorry to burden you with questions so soon but is this a common problem, or more to point is it an expensive one to fix?

Thanks

Jamie
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 4, 2013]
    Hi Jamie, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure one of the guys will be along to help you out shortly with some advise. Enjoy the forum. :) x
  4. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

[Oct 4, 2013]
    do you know the codes you can look it up on ross tech wiki for explanations and solutions.
  5. Lewis583

Lewis583 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Oct 4, 2013]
    As Chillout said above, the actual fault code number will be needed so that it can be looked up. I can't say that I have seen many postings on here about intake manifold runner flap problems though.
  6. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

[Oct 5, 2013]
    Very unusual but if you have just bought it just take it back and let them sort it out for you unless you bought private:(.
  7. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

[Oct 5, 2013]
    Hi Jamie.

It's not a common fault but does occur.

The runner flaps are sited in the intake manifold and create turbulence on startup to aid fuel/air mixing before they fold out of the way.

The motor that does this can fail,or the servo that governs it can do the same.

Easy enough fix but not sure of the costs.
  8. Jamied

Jamied New Member

[Oct 7, 2013]
    All sorted thanks guys, I did buy private but as he is an audi technician he has posted me out a new manifold motor

thanks for the help though

ill let you know how the car treats me.....so far all I can say us the build quality is second to none, everything just feels solid and as the car has every added extra ( bar rear heated seats) it's taking me some time to figure out what everything does ha
  9. Napbree

Napbree Member

[Oct 7, 2013]
    You got lucky there! Many other private sellers wouldn't of been so complacent!