New member with B5 1.8TQS saying hi

JAM35F

Reaction score
Hi all

have been a member for about a month and made a few posts but never officially said hi. Early posts were regarding help in finding the car I was after but now I've finally found it I thought I'd say hello properly.

This site was invaluable in helping me pick the right car so a big thanks to all who answered my silly questions and all those who have left help and advice in the past, I trawled through loads of very old posts so time members spent spreading their knowledge ages ago is still helping newbies like me.

So my car... I managed to find a car I'd wanted for a long while but years of BMW ownership had stopped me from getting. Two weeks ago I bought a 2000/w a4 1.8t quattro sport saloon in ebony black metalic. It's done 54k miles with full audi history. Has been recently serviced with a cambelt and all associated belts and tensioners fitted by audi in the last two thousand miles. Also has had new discs and pads and exhaust recently. The reason... it was owned by an the service manager of a large audi dealer in the midlands so it has wanted for nothing in it's life. Was also give a brand new MOT the day I bought it.

The interior is like new with no marks at all. The exterior has no major marks, just the odd swirl and light scratch that I hope my post in the detailing section of this forum will help sort. (if anyone ever replies!).

The standard 10 spoke quattro alloys are in need of a refurb as is expected, the lacquer has gone on the polished rim as usual but they aren't kerbed at all. So they'll be sorted in the near future as they are only thing that let the car down.

Having owned it for two weeks I am still chuffed to bits with it. It handles brilliantly and feels so planted. The interior is solid and quality in feel. Basically just how an audi should be. I owned an 80 2.0e 10 years ago i exactly the same colour with the same wheels and it reminds me of that, only better. That was and still is one of the favourite cars I've ever owned so I'm hoping it's a good omen for this car.

I'm in Rickmansworth, Herts and the car is out and about most days. It'll soon have a private plate on it that matches my user name so feel free to give me a wave if you see me. So that's it, hi to all and thanks to all those who have helped me make a cracking purchase!!

Welcome to the site from a fellow newbie :) And put up some pics!!:sign_pics:

Thanks mate, good of you to say hi. Pics will hopefully be put up after the weekend if the weather improves enough for me to clean it!

I'll keep an eye out for it.. What colour is it?

ebony black metalic, nice and shiney, hopefully even better after the weekend!

Hi, car sounds a real good buy. Welcome to the site!

Thanks, so far I'm very pleased with it. When ever I park it and walk away I can't resist turning back to have another look so I must like it. So much car for the money. Will post pics asap.

hello and welcome, join the looking back club....theres loads of us...lol