1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member saying hello

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by winrya, Aug 17, 2013.

1. winrya

winrya Member

Hello all,

I've recently replaced my mk5 gti which I've owned from new with a 170 black edition and I'm over the moon with it.

When it came to replacement for the golf (had to be diesel, pretty quick, german, and 5 door) I fancied a mk7 GTD but couldn't justify the cost, drove a mk6 GTD and it didn't do it for me like the mk5 gti so started looking at other brands. Drove some mercs, a 1 series, 3 series and in the end I kept coming back to A3 black editions. I'm a fan of the black edition touches, the xenons/drls, the bose sound system and felt comfortable in the vag platform I'm so used to.

Test drove a 140 black edition which was a lovely car but just a little too slow so decided it would have to be a 170. One finally popped up last Tuesday after viewing 4 really neglected ones, test drove and left deposit Wednesday and had the joy of collection yesterday.

It's a 2011 car with the 170 tdi cr engine, 17k on the clock and I'm over the moon with it. Super refined, quiet, super frugal, had 5 doors and feels beautifully built. I'm pretty shocked how quick it is tbh, loads of torque, I am smitten i have to say.

Only negative for me is the steering, it has very little feel (I noted the same with the 140 I drove on PS3's) and the front end has no where near the grip of the GTI but getting a bit older, the added comfort and 60mpg seems to appeal a bit more to me :laugh:

I've taken some pics from a wash today and a quick run over with the polisher to get of the huge amount of swirls. It still has a fair few scratches (from I assume a water blade) which I'll tackle over the coming months. Hope you all like, this looks like the audi forum to be on.

Ryan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sandra likes this.
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi Ryan, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely looking car. Im sure you will enjoy it. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x
  3. winrya

winrya Member

Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Telford, Shropshire.

Can already see some needed mods. On the list so far...

Fan jets for washers.
    S3/GTI pedals.
    RNS-E sat nav
    Reversing camera

Forums are very expensive:think:
    Sandra likes this.
  4. Big Pumpa

Big Pumpa Member

Welcome. Take it easy
  5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Ryan we have site sponsor NHN who can supply/fit all of the above for you. If interested just drop him a pm. If interested in local meets, click the link below. :)

Smaller (Local) Events

NHN likes this.