New member saying hello

winrya

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently replaced my mk5 gti which I've owned from new with a 170 black edition and I'm over the moon with it.

When it came to replacement for the golf (had to be diesel, pretty quick, german, and 5 door) I fancied a mk7 GTD but couldn't justify the cost, drove a mk6 GTD and it didn't do it for me like the mk5 gti so started looking at other brands. Drove some mercs, a 1 series, 3 series and in the end I kept coming back to A3 black editions. I'm a fan of the black edition touches, the xenons/drls, the bose sound system and felt comfortable in the vag platform I'm so used to.

Test drove a 140 black edition which was a lovely car but just a little too slow so decided it would have to be a 170. One finally popped up last Tuesday after viewing 4 really neglected ones, test drove and left deposit Wednesday and had the joy of collection yesterday.

It's a 2011 car with the 170 tdi cr engine, 17k on the clock and I'm over the moon with it. Super refined, quiet, super frugal, had 5 doors and feels beautifully built. I'm pretty shocked how quick it is tbh, loads of torque, I am smitten i have to say.

Only negative for me is the steering, it has very little feel (I noted the same with the 140 I drove on PS3's) and the front end has no where near the grip of the GTI but getting a bit older, the added comfort and 60mpg seems to appeal a bit more to me :laugh:

I've taken some pics from a wash today and a quick run over with the polisher to get of the huge amount of swirls. It still has a fair few scratches (from I assume a water blade) which I'll tackle over the coming months. Hope you all like, this looks like the audi forum to be on.

Ryan

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Ryan, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely looking car. Im sure you will enjoy it. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Telford, Shropshire.

Can already see some needed mods. On the list so far...

Fan jets for washers.
S3/GTI pedals.
RNS-E sat nav
Reversing camera

Forums are very expensive:think:

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Sandra, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Telford, Shropshire.

Can already see some needed mods. On the list so far...

Fan jets for washers.
S3/GTI pedals.
RNS-E sat nav
Reversing camera

Forums are very expensive:think:

Ryan we have site sponsor NHN who can supply/fit all of the above for you. If interested just drop him a pm. If interested in local meets, click the link below. :)

Smaller (Local) Events

Reactions: NHN