New Member - S3 HB Order

CybrHwk

Reaction score
New to the forum from Scotland, finally bought my first Audi and went for the S3, with the following spec:

Sepang Blue - Always had Black or White cars, fancied a change
18" x 7.5J ‘5-twin-spoke Star’ design anthracite, partly polished alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres
S-Tronic
Super Sports Seats
Comfort Pack - Parking system rear and cruise control
Advanced Key
Audi Sound System
Folding Door Mirrors
Sat Nav
Privacy Glass

Didn't want to go too overboard with the options, want to leave something to add for the next time :)

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice spec. Where in Scotland are you. Enjoy the forum:) x

Reactions: CybrHwk
Not to far from me. I'm about 30 miles away in the Ayrshire coast. We having a club stand at Scottish motor show in ingliston in July. Hope to see you there. :) x

Ayr dealership is very professional and friendly. :) x

Absolutely, the complete opposite of Glasgow.. complained to Audi in Ingolstadt.. gone way above customer service... and they are dealing with it :)

Reactions: Sandra
Hi fellow Scot,jassy here from Hamilton welcome
What was wrong with Glasgow Audi in particular? I got my car from there in March they where okay but excessively busy that morning

Nice spec. Lots of debate about Audi Sound System Vs. B&O worth a read. And just so I get in first.....no mono,put?!! :sign omg:

Reactions: Minion Bob!
Great spec, another Sepang though (sorry private joke).

Any idea on delivery?

Hi fellow Scot,jassy here from Hamilton welcome
What was wrong with Glasgow Audi in particular? I got my car from there in March they where okay but excessively busy that morning

A whole host of things, mainly attitude. Audi UK are dealing with it, so I'll leave it there. Needless to say I did an 80mile round trip to avoid them!

Great spec, another Sepang though (sorry private joke).

Any idea on delivery?

What is the issue with Sebang Blue, is it because its gotten to popular? I was bored of black and white, and I wouldn't have a red car.

Mid august, but on the screenshot I got from the dealer to confirm options, it looked more mid September, which would at least give me a 65 plate, not that it matters. I've had 2 test drives, at least the next time I drive away in an S3 it'll be mine!

Nice spec. Lots of debate about Audi Sound System Vs. B&O worth a read. And just so I get in first.....no mono,put?!! :sign omg:

Couldn't really justify the B&O system, I didn't want to put too many options in as they all have huge markup, I was already giving them enough, since the dealers around here don't do much in way of offers. Felt the mono pur was just another thing to scuff getting in and out

Welcome to another fellow Scott, hope you enjoy the forum, nice car.

Interesting to hear about another poor experience with Glasgow Audi, mine have been consistently awful, certainly the worst dealer I've ever dealt with. By a country mile.

I'm in Lanark, but now using Perth Audi instead.

Hi & welcome to ASN ;)

You may have already spotted this, but just incase you haven't!!! Did you know that if you opt for the comfort pack you can have the Audi park system plus for £250? Basically you get sensors on the front as well as the back, plus a pretty picture on the MMI to show you where and how close you are to things...I went for it as I thought it would cost more than £250 if I rubbed the front end on something.

Hi & welcome to ASN ;)

You may have already spotted this, but just incase you haven't!!! Did you know that if you opt for the comfort pack you can have the Audi park system plus for £250? Basically you get sensors on the front as well as the back, plus a pretty picture on the MMI to show you where and how close you are to things...I went for it as I thought it would cost more than £250 if I rubbed the front end on something.

Thanks, yeah I had noticed, I've only needed the rear I my current car, so didn't see the need, appreciate you pointing it out though

OK no problems, it has helped others in the past that didn't know and then went for it ;)

You will find a lot of help and advice on here, don't buy anything extra from the dealer until you have asked here lol....especially gap insurance!!!

Couldn't really justify the B&O system, I didn't want to put too many options in as they all have huge markup, I was already giving them enough, since the dealers around here don't do much in way of offers. Felt the mono pur was just another thing to scuff getting in and out
Discount from central Scotland dealerships are not the best,my son sells Audi car's for no less than Glasgow Audi lol l got a 10% discount on average it's just 6%
Dealerships down south seem slightly more generous with discounts

I'm paying pretty much RRP for mine, no dealership discount other than £500. From speaking to people at work, I did well to get that!

I went in on a Sunday and they offered 3% off, saying that was a lot off an S3!....I went home and used this site https://www.carwow.co.uk/ got a few quotes from there, went for the test drive the next day armed with those quotes and got 10.5% off :)

Unfortunately, the deal is done and the orders placed, I'll know for next time. They don't need to try very much in central Scotland to sell Audi's so that's the main problem I'm up against. I got a good finance deal so it could be worse

I know what you're saying, but I'd still do it for the hell of it! You always have a cooling off period if the difference was a lot!!!

I'm on a PCP, so I'm only paying the depreciation so the cost of the car isn't too much of an issue, I'd rather keep the monthly payment down. I tried to buy a used S3 3mths old (more kit but was £3k cheaper) and it was £150 dearer a month buying it down south.. I'll get my own back when I buy my next one :)

Reactions: Kimmy.E
I'm paying pretty much RRP for mine, no dealership discount other than £500. From speaking to people at work, I did well to get that!

My boy COULD get you 6% mate or slightly more,makes a difference and good interest rate lol

Thanks for the offer jassyo06, but as I said the deal is already done and signed. I'll go in next time much more informed that's for sure.

I'm just happy to be getting the car

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks for the offer jassyo06, but as I said the deal is already done and signed. I'll go in next time much more informed that's for sure.

I'm just happy to be getting the car

Being happy/content is the main thing mate,l would have been in the exact same place as you where, if it was not for son,then again i would have placed a order for the new Focus RS If he was still with Ford....lol

lol just went out and saw a mate in a carpark, it's the first time he's seen me in the Audi! As he leaned in the window he said "wow it's like a spaceship in here" quickly followed by "miles better than the vauxhall" :D

Reactions: Madmo and Jassyo06
Confession time l was so close to buying a fully loaded Arden Blue GTC VXR Demo last year...........but the Mrs said no,it was only £24k was £34 with just 3k miles....lol
As they say... "whats for YA wont go by YA"

Show your wife this and say "Well done love"

Lmao

Reactions: Jassyo06, Minion Bob!, Madmo and 1 other person
I got my S3 at Glasgow Audi, use a particular salesman & get 1st class service.

Hi welcome to the forum mate. Im also in scotland but im on the east coast of fife in St Andrews and I went all the way to Aberdeen to buy my S3 saloon simply because they gave me the figures i was after

Not seen many brits with S3 Saloon's, what attracted you to the saloon over the HB or SB?

I prefer the shape of it mate plus Ive had 2 HB and its a pain with the kids getting them in and out or any other passengers to be honest

Fair enough, just hadn't seen many of them.

I originally went to by a SB until I saw the HB in the Sepang Blue, didn't save me any money though since i put in the SS Seats, couldn't resist it, test drove it in the SS Seats... not that the regular seats aren't great, they just finished off the look I was going for. August can't come quick enough! Drive an MPS right now, so even with the Haldex version of Quattro, I'll be able to push it a bit more in the corners :)

i put in the SS Seats, couldn't resist it, test drove it in the SS Seats... not that the regular seats aren't great, they just finished off the look I was going for.
That is one option I'm ticking on the next car, I went to Audi on the Sunday just for a look (hadn't even looked at the brochure/options) and test drove the S3 on the Monday...then ordered after the test drive, so didn't fully know what I could have and what they looked like in the flesh :(

I saw a white TT a few weeks back in the showroom with the SS seats and thought they made the car look complete! The next car will be a white TT or S3 with SS seats ;) White hides scratches/swirls/chips etc. better, found more on this black S3 in 2 months than I did on my previous white car in almost 2 years! :D Or am I just looking closer!?!?! :p

Just added the Interior Lighting Package to the build, adds a wee bit extra wow factor