New member Questions

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Hi, Great site, really helpful.

I have had my car for a few weeks and am already trying to do things to it (much to the annoyance of the wife who drives it in the week!).

I am fitting a sub in the boot, but am having a bit of grief running the wires under the sills. It is a 5 door so it is a bit easier apparently. Any suggestions or tips on removing them?

I am also looking to get it chipped. The car is a 2001 A3 1.8T Quattro Sport with 55K. Where can I get this done near Tonbridge in Kent?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
rob.a3.quattro.sport said:
Hi, Great site, really helpful.

I have had my car for a few weeks and am already trying to do things to it (much to the annoyance of the wife who drives it in the week!).

I am fitting a sub in the boot, but am having a bit of grief running the wires under the sills. It is a 5 door so it is a bit easier apparently. Any suggestions or tips on removing them?

I am also looking to get it chipped. The car is a 2001 A3 1.8T Quattro Sport with 55K. Where can I get this done near Tonbridge in Kent?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kim collins (QST) is near you. I'm sure he's down that way!

He does the MTM chip which is very good.

Welcome to the forum!
Rich.

Thanks Rich,

I gave them a call and they are really helpful. It is about £700 though in comaprison to £550 ish for AMD and Revo.

His point was that this was a genuine German product and was therefore better.

Has anyone got an MTM chip and had any issues?

MTM are highly regarded with Audi Tuning. I drove a MTM chipped S3 and it felt very torquey!

I believe they do produce higher torque figures that most other chips. You wont go wrong with MTM and Kim Collins.

Hope this helps
Rich.

ive heard all good of MTM mates dad got his s3 MTM'd and it was quality! couldnt lift your get off the seat on full boost!

He also had the number plate S3 MTM! looked sweet!

Looks like I am off on a trip to QST in the new year then. Everyones presents are going to suffer as I am saving the pennies, but I am sure they will understand!

Rob