1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member need advice.

Ian986 Nov 5, 2008

1. Ian986

Ian986 New Member

Hi I am process of buying my first audi I am looking at a A4 Cab 2.0tdi 56 plate I had a demo in the car but seemed to lack top end power so was thinking of a re map to try and cure this, any advice and can the gearbox handle this ?

The car I am looking at has bose which sound great but no bluetooth or i pod conection so has anyone have any adice on this.

I would really greatfull for any help and advice.

2. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

I think you can add bluetooth and ipod but it isn't cheap and the ipod connectivity isn't the greatest. With a diesel you are always going to lack top end power, a remap will help it head towards the redline and make it feel quicker but it isn't going to be a fire breather. Why not look for a 2.0t, oh and you might get a better response in the B7 section and welcome to the forum

3. Ian986

Ian986 New Member

So have a I posted in the wrong place I dont understand all this B7 or B8 I asumed B8 would mean Jan 07 cars onwards

4. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

B8 is the new shape A4, all A4 Cab's are the old shape B6 & B7 facelift. The Bluetooth module is not cheap but can be retro-fitted, about £350 ish from memory, Audi also sell retrofit parts for the ipod.. The 2.0Tdi will remap fine to 170ish hp. If I were ou I'd stick with the 3.0Tdi or the petrol 2.0T if your going for the Cab due to the extra weight over the saloon.