1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member need advice.

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Ian986, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Ian986

Ian986 New Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    Hi I am process of buying my first audi I am looking at a A4 Cab 2.0tdi 56 plate I had a demo in the car but seemed to lack top end power so was thinking of a re map to try and cure this, any advice and can the gearbox handle this ?

The car I am looking at has bose which sound great but no bluetooth or i pod conection so has anyone have any adice on this.

I would really greatfull for any help and advice.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    I think you can add bluetooth and ipod but it isn't cheap and the ipod connectivity isn't the greatest. With a diesel you are always going to lack top end power, a remap will help it head towards the redline and make it feel quicker but it isn't going to be a fire breather. Why not look for a 2.0t, oh and you might get a better response in the B7 section and welcome to the forum
  4. Ian986

Ian986 New Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    So have a I posted in the wrong place I dont understand all this B7 or B8 I asumed B8 would mean Jan 07 cars onwards
  5. Cupramax

Cupramax Uber pimp meister

[Nov 7, 2008]
    B8 is the new shape A4, all A4 Cab's are the old shape B6 & B7 facelift. The Bluetooth module is not cheap but can be retro-fitted, about £350 ish from memory, Audi also sell retrofit parts for the ipod.. The 2.0Tdi will remap fine to 170ish hp. If I were ou I'd stick with the 3.0Tdi or the petrol 2.0T if your going for the Cab due to the extra weight over the saloon.