1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member - Familiar Car!

spratty Feb 14, 2005

1. spratty

spratty New Member

Hi guys (and gals),

Just thought I'd touch base and submit my first post on the forum.

I'm now the happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif owner of an A3 3.2 V6 that was owned (up until last Friday) by the not so happy StephV6 (who was sad to see his car go). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had a Honda S2000 - which was a great car to drive...if not a little frantic. I owned it for nearly 3 years and loved it. However, I'm doing more mileage than I was and the Honda isn't the most ideal long-distance car. So I started looking for something equally as quick, but a bit more practical and refined. The A3 seemed ideal and after driving one, I thought it was a top notch motor!

After a few weeks of looking, I stumbled upon Steph's on this forum and went to see it, loved it, and here I am now!

Anyway, just thought I'd say 'hi' and look forward to being a part of the audi-sport forum (and not just a 'lurker').

Cheers!

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hi mate, Welcome to the forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif. Congrats on your new purchase, you have bought a fine motore, I've sat in it! What are you doing posting a welcome note on here on Valentine's day? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif You're suppose to be on the pull with that machine of yours, take her out for a drive! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Hi Spratty,

Welcome to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAudi-sport. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well done on your A3 monster and look forward to speaking to you in the future.

No surprise JoJo, on top form asusual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

4. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

Welome to the Forum Spratty... good to have another new face to water down the addicts around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Jojo... what are you being the first in on the welcome on Valentines? Come to think of it... what the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif am I doing here??!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

5. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Welcome mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. spratty

spratty New Member

Thanks for the welcome notes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Come to think of it - what are any of us doing on this forum on Valentines night. Anyone would think we were sad lonely geeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Took your advise Jojo and took it out for a spin (well...how could I resist?!). Though don't think the girlfriend would be too happy if I was out on the pull with it. Then again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

7. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

why arent you out with the gf?!!! My excuse is that we've taken day off tomorrow to do something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. spratty

spratty New Member

I would've been out with her, but she had to fly off to the America...for her appraisal!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Had to celebrate valentine's on Sunday night instead

Never mind - it gave me a chance to enjoy the car without her telling me to slow down or be careful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

9. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the Forum spratty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

10. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

So the GF is in America, and that leaves you with the 3.2 V6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

11. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[ QUOTE ]
    it gave me a chance to enjoy the car without her telling me to slow down or be careful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Don't tell me you had the GF version 1 installed as an optional extra in you car... bad mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

12. spratty

spratty New Member

[ QUOTE ]

Ha ha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Don't tell me you had the GF version 1 installed as an optional extra in you car... bad mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move, eh? Do you know if GF ver 1.0 comes with an on/off switch? Would be very useful if it did! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Hope she never reads this!!!)

13. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif All the switches in my GF version 1 seem to be faulty... if I try and turn her off its blah blah blah blah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif blah,

But if I try and turn her on its /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

14. spratty

spratty New Member

You should contact Audi. It sounds like there's a problem with your GF option (I heard it's a common problem).

Maybe a good service will sort it out!

15. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

Ha ha haa, that's funny... well, they did suggest installing the software "bit-of-fluff-on-the-side mach 1" into the cars computer, but I soon found that this is seriously incompatible with GF version 1, so quickly had to uninstall it again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

16. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Welcome to the forum mate and congrats on your new motor...think you got a great deal off steph!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

17. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

Welcome Spratty...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

18. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

StephV6... what's wrong with JPO... seems fine to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

19. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Yeah, JPO is one of the good guys, no really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

20. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, JPO is one of the good guys, no really. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

21. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gifmust be me then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif