New member - collected my S4

Gary_LB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I would introduce myself now I have picked up my new S4! I'm a convert from the world of BMW having owned a few most recently being my beloved M235i which unfortunately had to go as with aging parents both mine and my in-laws were struggling to get in and out of the coupe.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and getting involved in the forum

So without further ado attached are some pics...apologies for the poor photos and random locations but its all i have so far!

Firstly the outgoing M235i...
IMG 0067

IMG 0068

And its replacement...
InkedIMG 0959 LI

InkedIMG 0964 LI
InkedIMG 0965 LI
InkedIMG 0953 LI

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0953_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0953_LI.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Broonie22, Jack Kelly, Sandra and 1 other person
Hi and :sign welcome:Gary very nice :s4addict:you will grow to love it , the 4 doors will make your family life a lot easier more practical, I also went down the 4 doors line for the same reasons, never looked back:yes:

Thanks for the welcome :) you’re exactly right about the 4 doors route it will make life easier plus I spend more time on dual carriageways and motorways these days and although the M235i was fine it was not the most composed or comfortable ride especially on long journeys. The S4 is a whole other level in that respect

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Very nice car. Where you located? Enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: Gary_LB
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Very nice car. Where you located? Enjoy the forum :)
Hi Sandra and thank you for the comments and the welcome :) I’m near Milton Keynes so not sure if there is anyone else local but we’ll see as I get to know the forum better. Still learning my way around :)

Yeah Gary I came from the darkside also but not my first audi you will find it like night and day in the winter months lol and also you will find that everyone dosent want to kill you by driving at you like kamakazi pilots , you will sleep we'll my friend no more two fingers less road rage more respect
Mz 6351902 bodyshot 300x400 28

Reactions: Gary_LB and Sandra
Yeah Gary I came from the darkside also but not my first audi you will find it like night and day in the winter months lol and also you will find that everyone dosent want to kill you by driving at you like kamakazi pilots , you will sleep we'll my friend no more two fingers less road rage more respect View attachment 137540
Yeah all weather performance was another reason for the change however I’m not sure the Audi drivers reputation is any better than the BMW driver lol

Welcome, what a gorgeous machine that S4 is.

That 235 looks superb too.

I am also a former BM addict having owned x2 4.8is X5's, an e46 M3 and a e60 M5.

Reactions: Gary_LB and GAS MONKEY
Welcome, what a gorgeous machine that S4 is.

That 235 looks superb too.

I am also a former BM addict having owned x2 4.8is X5's, an e46 M3 and a e60 M5.
Cheers for the welcome and positive comments.

Sounds as though you have had some tasty machines in your time, the E46 M3 is a car I’ll always wish I owned

Thanks Gary, yes the e46 M3 was and still is to this day a fantastic car.

The colour combination of your S4 is superb.

A good friend as a diesel variant and I was bowled over by the fit and finish of the interior, lovely place to be.

Thanks Gary, yes the e46 M3 was and still is to this day a fantastic car.

The colour combination of your S4 is superb.

A good friend as a diesel variant and I was bowled over by the fit and finish of the interior, lovely place to be.
Thanks for that, I’m a big fan of grey/red and had the same in my M235i. It would be good to pick up an e46 M3 as a weekend car one day but there aren’t many good examples left that have not been tampered with unfortunately.

You’re right about the interior. I was looking at a 340i Shadow Edition initially as there are extremely strong discounts available at present however the A4 interior is in a different league and the ride is far more comfortable for long journeys.

So far the engine is nowhere near as efficient as the BMW 3 ltr equivalent however the Audi does have more power and I’m assuming may improve over time as the engine is run in

Keep us posted with plenty pictures, interior and exterior

I still believe Audi are a good few years ahead of BMW with interior design, layout and fit and finish, however I suppose that is down to personal preference.

I'll take some further shots when I eventually get the opportunity to get to some more picturesque locations :)

Reactions: GAS MONKEY