1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member. Audi S3 8P

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ben S3 8P3, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Ben S3 8P3

Ben S3 8P3 Member

Hello!

I posted a while back saying I was thinking of getting an S3, and true to my word Ive bought one and am picking it up on the 7th October.

Very excited, after test driving I was overly impressed with the smooth ride, clutch and steering.

Its 59 plate, Ice silver, Black edition grill, DVD/Satnav, heated mirrors, light & rain pack, black door inserts, 18,950 miles.

Just been serviced at 18908 miles and had 4 new tyres. Amazing condition and will put some pics up as soon as I get it!

Have you got any general advice for owning the S3 and maybe some general mod's that people all tend to do?

I wont be spending much on it for a while and i'll be happy with the 261bhp for now, so I dont plan on mapping it yet.

Im new the the VAG crowd so a bit of a noob, ive come from vauxhall.

Ben
  2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

3. JS3

JS3 Member

Ben, sounds like you have a good upgrade. The build quality of the car compared to a Vauxhall should be soooo much better. Sandra pointed out a good section, and there are a few stickies at the start of this forum. Oh and always search your question or answer on the forum first before posting a new thread. You will enjoy and (unfortunately!) reading this forum will give you the modding bug...enjoy!
  4. JS3

JS3 Member

PS get some pics up when it arrives
  5. Ben S3 8P3

Ben S3 8P3 Member

Will do, my mate has an SLR so hoping to get some decent shots next weekend!
  6. Ben S3 8P3

Ben S3 8P3 Member

Infact I do have a question thats nooby. The sat nav when you press it says insert sat nav disc? Is that for installation or does it always have to be in?
  7. andrecc

andrecc Member

^^^^^ post pics.

you will need the SAT NAV disc to function the NAVI from what i gathered from my mates S3, he just uses the SD slots for songs tbh.
  8. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Well-Known Member

Nav DVD has to be in the whole time you're using the maps, it doesn't store anything from the disc.

Silver S3s are pretty rare - most people go for black, white or blue. Get some pics sorted asap so we can all have a nosey! Sounds like a great motor you've got yourself.
  9. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

Good to see someone else with an ice silver car :thumbup:
  10. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Congrats mate I really want another S3 soon.

As for mods, if you are happy with the power for now why not start with some suspension mods like springs, spacers and ARB's?
  11. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

Absolutely, Graeme kindly squared me away with some and the difference is fantastic!
  12. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Great to hear you're happy mate :)
    Reload likes this.