1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New MAF & power cuts off when connected

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DeeBeeS3, Sep 25, 2007.

1. DeeBeeS3

DeeBeeS3 New Member

[Sep 25, 2007]
    Wonder if anyone can help. I have had a problem with power cutting out / stuttering when accelerating hard in my APY 2000 S3. I disconnected the MAF and all was well. I bought & connected a new MAF (Audi part) but the problem remained. However when the new MAF is disconnected it runs lovely. The only other noticeable problem is a knocking noise from front (possibly near side) when going over bumps but that probably just ARB. Plugs from Audi just been fitted and code reader showed no problems after new MAF and plugs were fitted. Any ideas would be most welcome. Also can anyone recommend anywhere to get decent electrical / mechanical work done on my car in Pontypridd/South Wales area (I note Westec been slated on this forum so won't darken their door). Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 26, 2007]
    My honest opinion is the so called new MAF is a duff one, try and get another from Audi, as you have proved that with it disconnected, it runs smoothly.
  4. Jampublic

Jampublic Taking it easy..

[Sep 26, 2007]
    I would agree with that, I brought a cheap fleabay MAF and had the same problem.
  5. DeeBeeS3

DeeBeeS3 New Member

[Sep 26, 2007]
    Thanks both, I have come to the same conclusion and am exchanging the MAF in the next couple of days