1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New MacBook Air

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by joost, Jan 15, 2008.

1. joost

joost Active Member

Well naffed off - just got a Macbook and the buggers go and release this:

Macbook Air

I'd be frightened of snapping the bloody thing!
  2. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

no way, looks hot
  3. marms

marms Member

Very nice bit of kit but don't know if I could justify they price as it is technically not that great a specification. 80GB hard drives are just not big enough these days. I like the idea of the 64GB flash drive but thats an extra £800. No DVD drive either (thats another option) and despite what apple say in there launch video, I still think we need an optical drive.

Super sexy bit of latest technology and will undoublably turn heads but is that enough to make you want to spend £1200?

Think I'll hang on for the new MacBook Pro which is rumoured to be out shortly.

For those who haven seen it yet

[ytv]W7askBmF4_c[/ytv]
  4. MattGreaves

MattGreaves Member

Several magazines and online reviews have slated the new Macbook Air - apart from the size there arent any new features and they are lacking the main ones, most notably the optical drive!!
  5. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

I've had to work with these recently and all I can say is: avoid. Not Apple's best moment in my own opinion, and that's coming from a Mac 'advocate'!
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

But thats the problem, MS & APPL are starting to find difficult to come up with new features, its becoming boring, I'm an MS man myself, but even the sights of windows 7 is like ye & whats so special, along with the new Golf 6, whats so special, same answer to them all, nothingggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

Yep, you're absolutely right - it seems that they're all searching around for the 'next big thing' at the moment - Windows Vista has been a bit of a let-down because of all the stuff they removed before launch (db filing system etc.).

The Macbook Airs are all style and no substance - to use CAT5 you need to use a USB-Ethernet adaptor FFS! How rubbish is that.

Who knows when something groundbreaking will come along!