New look for the summer...

ChriS3

hud at ye bam
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I was getting tired of the same old S3 and conforming to the norm, so I've decided on a slightly different look for the summer.

Before
IMG_2123.jpg

Now :)

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

There's no doubt a few of you that aren't going to like it, but hey, its not your car.

Looks the dogs mate, get your insperation from the silver S3 in the classifieds? Been toying with a similar look myself, I'll have to think of something else now :icon_thumright:

So youve finally decided to go for the look you were talking about ages ago, looks as good as it did in the original photoshops. Looks sweet.
What wheels are they?

S3Steve said:
So youve finally decided to go for the look you were talking about ages ago, looks as good as it did in the original photoshops. Looks sweet.
What wheels are they?

Cheers, it's not too far from the original concept.

S3-new-look2.jpg

I think that wheels look smaller when they're black, so I got some 19" MTM bimoto's instead of powdercoating the RS4's. I couldn't do another Inters with CH's. You started something that became VERY popular!

Thats a great look, like that alot! 10/10 ChriS3 for style! ;)

ChriS3 said:
Cheers, it's not too far from the original concept.

S3-new-look2.jpg

I think that wheels look smaller when they're black, so I got some 19" MTM bimoto's instead of powdercoating the RS4's. I couldn't do another Inters with CH's. You started something that became VERY popular!

Whats the weight of the MTM's like compared to the BBS's? Hows the change to 19's affected the handling?

Are those R888's wrapped round the MTM's?

Looks like a track car, I like it!!!

Too many cars on this board get mollycoddled and babied instead of being driven properly.

Even if you don't drive it to its limits, at least it 'looks' like it does.

10/10.

Loving the Stealth Look. Looks soooo much meaner and Better. Top job mate

Im guna cry... I only just posted a thread the other day about doing that.... looks great with the colour of your car...:icon_thumright: still not sure if it will suit my silver a3 though. Im currently this minute waiting for the paint too dry on one of my RS4's b4 i apply the clear coat. Did you use paint or powder coat. Im toying with the idea of powder coat as it will give an nice glos finish and be hard wearing. Down side is it woundnt be as easy too repair if damaged.:think:

S3Steve said:
Whats the weight of the MTM's like compared to the BBS's? Hows the change to 19's affected the handling?

Are those R888's wrapped round the MTM's?

The MTMs are about 3kg's heavier each. Not sure how the handling will be affected as one of the bolts threaded the hub when I took it out - ****** tyre fitters overtightening things.

And yes, R888s.

Too many cars on this board get mollycoddled and babied instead of being driven properly.

Even if you don't drive it to its limits, at least it 'looks' like it does.

Heh, heh. Don't worry, this one gets driven properly.

Did you use paint or powder coat.

Powder coat. I wouldn't consider painting as you'd need proper high temp paint and the finish is never as good. If you kerb a powder coated wheel, its the same as kerbing any other alloy wheel. Damage is damage.

Be interestling to see about handling on the road with the 19's, I only use 18's on the track now as the ride is so bad on UK roads.

ChriS3 said:
The MTMs are about 3kg's heavier each. Not sure how the handling will be affected as one of the bolts threaded the hub when I took it out - ****** tyre fitters overtightening things.

And yes, R888s.

I look forward to your opinions on the handling with the 19's, and how the R888's compare to the Yoko Parada's, once you get it all sorted mate.

that looks nice, well done chris

Am sure you had a different plate at edition 38

who did your powder coating mate? somewhere in aberdeen? i've have had a few paintshop files with my 19"s in anthracite kicking around for way too long! might take the plunge 'for the summer'.... think that'll make it easier to justify to the 'boss':asskicking:

i'm waiting for the results of a speed camera incident so might be driving nothing!....

ChriS3 said:
Heh, heh. Don't worry, this one gets driven properly.

It sure does. But not with you behind the wheel, eh Chris? :lmfao:

I wouldn't have thought the journey from your Des Res to the local wine bar justified 888s...I may be wrong though.

How long will it be before you have a fine ring of arch liner stuck to the side of the tyres? :)

The car looks sweet...BTW!

Guys, thanks for the PM's but the CH's aren't for sale.

Powdercoating was done by a company called PPS in Inverurie.

rickparmar said:
Am sure you had a different plate at edition 38

Yeah, it was a normal plate back then. Impulse buy on ebay, much cheapness.

S3Steve said:
I look forward to your opinions on the handling with the 19's, and how the R888's compare to the Yoko Parada's, once you get it all sorted mate.

Initial thoughts are good. A lot more tyre noise at speed, but the turn in bite is incredible. I'll be getting some A048Rs for the CH's soon so that'll be another set to compare. Don't think wither will last as long as the Paradas.

Ess_Three said:
It sure does. But not with you behind the wheel, eh Chris? :lmfao:

Well, you've only seen me in it when I've been following you. So, I've never been able drive it that hard or I'd have been running up the back of you :lmfao:

I wouldn't have thought the journey from your Des Res to the local wine bar justified 888s...I may be wrong though.

New des res, and its out of town so I think the 888s will get a bit of usage. Besides, where are these wine bars you keep mentioning in Aberdeen????

How long will it be before you have a fine ring of arch liner stuck to the side of the tyres? :)

Er, that took less than 5 miles. The front spacers will be coming off.

The car looks sweet...BTW!

Thanks. You're the only one that's noticed the chav element.

ChriS3 said:
Well, you've only seen me in it when I've been following you. So, I've never been able drive it that hard or I'd have been running up the back of you :lmfao:

Bwahahahahaha!
Last time we went for a blast, it took a herd of cows to block the road before you caught up...and I was in a 5dr, overweight, ill-handling, FWD, 10 year old Golf!

New des res, and its out of town so I think the 888s will get a bit of usage.

Did you find something?
Where abouts?
No longer living near the Gaylord-Lawlord eh?

Besides, where are these wine bars you keep mentioning in Aberdeen????

I've no idea...I don't frequent them...unlike you West-end trendies.
I prefer pubs... :p

Ess_Three said:
Bwahahahahaha!
Last time we went for a blast, it took a herd of cows to block the road before you caught up...and I was in a 5dr, overweight, ill-handling, FWD, 10 year old Golf!

Don't forget that there is usually hidden dangers in following you too closely - cow ****, stones, bits of exhausts, all flying fron the back of your car.

Did you find something?
Where abouts?
No longer living near the Gaylord-Lawlord eh?

Yep, Lynne of Skene. Second house I bid on, and not a penny over value. Very very odd for Aberdeen.

I've no idea...I don't frequent them...unlike you West-end trendies.
I prefer pubs... :p

Hmmmm, and I always thought you preferred the homme bars.