New Knob!

AkoyaMike

Reaction score
Hey peeps,
I have searched but cannot find the answer, will a gearknob from a 2007 Audi S3 (new shape) fit a 2000 Audi S3 (facelifted old shape)?
Any ideas?

hey mate. i asked exactly the same question on rs246. iv seen a few on ebay goin cheap. i didnt wanna buy a new 1 for 100 odd quid and it be an ars to fabricate to make fit. may get 1 and get my mate whos an engineer to do a fitting kit and sell them. how many people would be interested???

Just bought a new s3 knob off ebay, removed the old one from my 2002 s3, knob appears to be a direct replacment, just need to swap the leather gators over. Should be easy, looks good !!

That looks very nice!

Im after one for my 8L. I was told there was one that lights up?

Anyone have any ideas on this?

mate that looks superb where did you get it from and was it easy to staple to the old base,cheers

£40 inc postage etc off ebay. Hardest part was stapling it on, I recycled the staples i took out, as they are shorter than those from a staple gun etc, and just pushed them back in with a pair of pliers.

Took 15 mins in total, i will get a pic of it on the car when i fit it tonight, i was surprised the knob had exactly the same fixing to the stalk as the old one did! Result!!

I had the same problem with the chrome lifting and becoming sharp edges.

Its not a hard job, just remove the black/chrome trim and knob, un-staple the gator from the old and new plastic trim insert's, re-staple the new gator to the trim insert from your car, and re-fit the knob, pref with a new crimp ring.

ok cheers i`ll have a look into, might just plunge for the one at 60 quid only 3 quid delivery so worth a punt.

knowing my luck ill break something lol

AkoyaMike said:
Hey peeps,
I have searched but cannot find the answer, will a gearknob from a 2007 Audi S3 (new shape) fit a 2000 Audi S3 (facelifted old shape)?
Any ideas?

What do you wanna do that for? The 2000 S3 knob is great, stick with tradition mate.

remember to lift the gaitor first and then pull the silver release clip off the gear knob then it just slides off!

if u try and yank it off like on some cars u might damage the gearbox especially the selector with the push down reverse etc.

Thanks Dave, I promise I wont butcher it :) The part number I cant find. I can get at cost from my local dealer but I the part number is a mystery