1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Kid on the Block w/o the boy band overtones

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by moralkombat, Oct 24, 2004.

1. moralkombat

moralkombat New Member

Hello World!

Well I've just moved back to Europe after the last 5 years in the States, and i a word WOW!!...
    All these new beautiful Audi's, and 1 will be mine, oh yesss

An A3 specifically, to order within the month (getting VERY fed up with my temp solution)

But still not sure, 3 door or Sportsback? 2.0t or that throaty 3.2 v6? (leaning towards the 3.2)
    Definitely Quattro and DSG, and I've figured the options but still have some questions.
    I'm trying to get a handle on the aftermarket (or current lack thereof for the brand new sportsback)

Any and All advice, thoughts, ideas invited and welcome...

Happy Speeding! - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif
  2. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where in states were you and how did you find it?

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum... look in the new A3 forum for more info to sway your decision on your new car, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with whatever you choose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe
  4. moralkombat

moralkombat New Member

I'm feeling quite welcome already! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In answer to you question Yaseen, I was in the northeast, between upstate NY, and connecticutt.
    I found it an interesting experience as living in any country brings its unique challanges and rewards.
    But frankly I'm not much of an SUV/Pickup man, and couldn't help but smirk when people complained about $1.50- 2.00 a GALLON of gas opposed what europeans are used to paying.
    On a completely different note I was shocked by how little the many of the people i met knew about the world beyond their borders. Not a critisism as much as an observation but interesting nonetheless.
    On the whole though, I found living stateside to be really quite pleasant the people where welcoming and you can't argue with the convienence!
  5. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    MoralKombat said:
    On a completely different note I was shocked by how little the many of the people i met knew about the world beyond their borders. Not a critisism as much as an observation but interesting nonetheless.
    On the whole though, I found living stateside to be really quite pleasant the people where welcoming and you can't argue with the convienence!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with all of that- I backpacked round the states for 3 months a few years ago which was fantastic. They love foreign accents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif,

Lovely people...stressed Greyhound employees excluded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Not a bad life- states and now back to the lovely South of France /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif
  6. T3RBO

T3RBO 6th Gear

I worked in Germany for a year with the American Military, had such a laugh

I found the American's really friendly - got invited to a different bbq most nights

Off to NY for a short break soon, can't wait (gonna do the tourist thing)

Welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  7. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    MoralKombat said:
    I'm feeling quite welcome already! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting point of view, I agree! Welcome to the forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

G