1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Key

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by A5sprint, Nov 15, 2013.

1. A5sprint

A5sprint Member

[Nov 15, 2013]
    I am looking to get a spare 3 button key as I only have 1, plus the plastic emergency key, but Audi have quoted over £200.

There are several used keys on ebay, some with un-cut blanks, but can a used key be re-programmed for a 2010 A5?
    I have heard different stories from various sources, some saying they can, some saying they can't.

Can anyone advise me on this please?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 15, 2013]
    If you could pm your Vin and reg I could quote you for a key. There is a possibility you would be able to replace the internals to reprogram, but then you would need somebody to program it.
  4. A5sprint

A5sprint Member

[Nov 15, 2013]
    Thanks for the offer @udi A3. Daft question but would I still need to get the key programmed or can you somehow do this as well?
  5. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 15, 2013]
    There is no way to copy to immo part of your key to another. The only way i can do this with some cars is by sending me the dash/comfort module and all keys. Technology is always advancing though so who knows! Currently you will need to be plugged into a diagnostics tool.

If you are really carefull, you could extract the transponder from the emergency key to fit to a new remote key. High chance of messing it up though and ending up with one key.
  6. A5sprint

A5sprint Member

[Nov 17, 2013]
    Am I correct in thinking the remote key you can supply is fitted with a new transponder so all I then need to do is get it programmed by my dealer?